Do you write more poetry than you read?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
YasminTiara
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by YasminTiara »

Okay so I am really big on writing poetry and short stories and stuff like that? Are you into it too? Do you write poetry? What kind? What about? Tell me. I'd like to know. Maybe we could share some stuff about our writing.
Josie

Post by Josie »

I do indeed write poetry, and by Googling JOSIE'S POEMS you can see what I write. I'm just about to have a great deal published (5 books), and they are first and foremost going into schools as they are with an educational publisher. What I really like is poetry written with metre and with rhyme - in other words, poetry such as was written well before free verse came into existence. I feel that the magic has been taken out of it when they dropped this element. I hope you enjoy reading my work.
crystalbox

Post by crystalbox »

i read more than write
printing.host

Post by printing.host »

i think i don't have much grip on writing poetry...
that's why i prefer reading poetry...
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

I love to write poetry, but I'm afraid I too have not read much. I've always wanted to read more poetry so that I could improve my own, but don't quite know where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations for poets? I do tend to prefer classical literature, but I would be open to modern poets as well.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

I would rather write poetry than read. Reading poetry is too dull and boring for me.
SimpleBeauty

Post by SimpleBeauty »

i understand where your comming from. I do write alot more than i read. I guess its more fun expressing yourself because you are connecting with what is being written. When reading other people's work its harder to have that personal relationship, just try to remember that whoever wrote it is sharing a part of who they are in their work as well : )
Sweetrustedchild

Post by Sweetrustedchild »

i write more poems then i read :D
Tushu

Post by Tushu »

:D
Zekes

Post by Zekes »

I read more poems than making my own. I find it more interesting for they are classic poets.
Marto

Post by Marto »

I write poetry occasionally but not actually a fan of reading other works. I much rather read a story or an interesting interview. However, I find writing poetry relaxing and gets me in the mood to write other things.
UncalledBank

Post by UncalledBank »

I write more due to school than I read. wish I would read more though.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

I actually read more than I write poetry! I haven't written a poetry in a long while. This forum actually wants me to get back to it.
AJ_Williams011
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-williams011.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by AJ_Williams011 »

Personally, I write poetry whenever I feel like the words flow through me, whenever that gut feeling pushes me out of bed and start writing. Reading is more convenient and a lot easier than writing your own poem, nevertheless I try every day to be poetic. I once read in Tumblr about continuing writing poetry every day and accept the fact that sometimes what you write might not be palatable. Hence it is not a sign for you to stop trying, it tells me to keep writing and improve. Sometimes, reading about poetry and other people's works are as tiresome as creating your own piece. Words tend to be different when comprehended in the point of view of either end. Though more often than not, I know by heart that authors write as much as for themselves as for their readers. :P
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

I read more than I write but quite often i find myself composing a line in my head whilst reading a poem.

Return to “Poetry & Music”