Harry Styles

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Harry Styles

Post by bellajavier »

Has anyone listened to album Fine Line by Harry Styles?
if yes, what's your opinion about it?
The album is good for people who liked classical music, and although I love the guy, it's not the type of music I'd listen to. However, his lyrics are very poetic and beautiful. My favorite song is Falling and Golden.
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by leareiler »

Yes of course I've listened to Fine Line by Harry Styles. I love it. There are maybe just a few songs I don't totally vibe with (Canyon Moon and Falling, for example). I only don't vibe with Falling because I don't like that it makes me sad. But I also love Golden, as well as She, To Be So Lonely, Fine Line, and basically all the others to be honest. But in comparison to his first album, I don't really know if it's better or not. I do really really like it and have listened to it many times since its release.

I like how his lyrics hold a lot of meaning and the music itself is just as beautiful as the lyrics and his voice. She, for example, has a meaning that is open to interpretation. I've saw someone say that they think it's about a man who is finding his feminine side and wanting/learning to embrace it, and others think it is about a man who loves some unnamed woman. I like to think it's about the first meaning, but that's just me.

He is a great artist and I love him in general, a real fashion icon and is here to end toxic masculinity.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

leareiler wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 20:18 Yes of course I've listened to Fine Line by Harry Styles. I love it. There are maybe just a few songs I don't totally vibe with (Canyon Moon and Falling, for example). I only don't vibe with Falling because I don't like that it makes me sad. But I also love Golden, as well as She, To Be So Lonely, Fine Line, and basically all the others to be honest. But in comparison to his first album, I don't really know if it's better or not. I do really really like it and have listened to it many times since its release.

I like how his lyrics hold a lot of meaning and the music itself is just as beautiful as the lyrics and his voice. She, for example, has a meaning that is open to interpretation. I've saw someone say that they think it's about a man who is finding his feminine side and wanting/learning to embrace it, and others think it is about a man who loves some unnamed woman. I like to think it's about the first meaning, but that's just me.

He is a great artist and I love him in general, a real fashion icon and is here to end toxic masculinity.
That is very true. I often think that his lyrics and ideas are very much undermined? Because People are too obsessed with is looks and style. His Lyrics have such good meanings, and they're so good, bht severely underrated. Such as people are sleeping on Sunflower, it is so beautiful. Maybe it doesn't resonate with the modern music.

And His slogan Treat people with kindness has all my heart. Softness radiates off him, and his ways to go against toxic masculinity is SO SO SO Good. Makes me terribly proud of him!

Watermelon Sugar is so amazing.
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by sevillagirl18 »

I LOVE this album! It's one of those rare albums where I actually enjoy every song.

Return to “Poetry & Music”