What is a music genre/band/song you secretly enjoy, but you are uncomfortable admitting it?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

What is a music genre/band/song you secretly enjoy, but you are uncomfortable admitting it?

Post by Corina Elena »

I saw something like this on MTV recently. The interviewer was asking many celebrities this question, and their responses were incredibly funny.

I guess I don't mind Justin Bieber's music, lol :)) If a song is on the radio, I will not change the channel.
Nyalarae9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nyalarae9 »

I definitely secretly enjoy listening to Disney princess songs๐Ÿ˜‚.Sometimes I will change the song and sometimes I wonโ€™t. I guess it really depends on what kind of people I am around at the time
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

Nyalarae9 wrote: โ†‘05 Sep 2019, 21:18 I definitely secretly enjoy listening to Disney princess songs๐Ÿ˜‚.Sometimes I will change the song and sometimes I wonโ€™t. I guess it really depends on what kind of people I am around at the time
That is normal! I love those songs so much ๐Ÿ˜‚ especially The Gospel Truth from Hercules. Ok, not a princess song, but a Disney song so it counts.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

The Monkees! Loved them since I was a kid. A lot of people laugh at me for that, but Hey, Hey I'm a Monkees Fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

KCWolf wrote: โ†‘13 Sep 2019, 15:51 The Monkees! Loved them since I was a kid. A lot of people laugh at me for that, but Hey, Hey I'm a Monkees Fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
Why would they laugh on you?? I love old music. I have never heard of them before, and I just looked for them now. It really looks like an amazing band.
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

Don't be ashamed of anything you listen to! Life is too short, enjoy what you enjoy, that's a lesson I learnt from the the youtuber Carrie Hope Fletcher.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

corinaelena wrote: โ†‘15 Sep 2019, 10:23
KCWolf wrote: โ†‘13 Sep 2019, 15:51 The Monkees! Loved them since I was a kid. A lot of people laugh at me for that, but Hey, Hey I'm a Monkees Fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :)
Why would they laugh on you?? I love old music. I have never heard of them before, and I just looked for them now. It really looks like an amazing band.
I guess people laugh because they had their own slapstick comedy show back in the day. (you can still catch reruns on MeTV FeTV and other channels) :wink:

They really are great, and I loved how they each had their own style of music and personality. I am really glad I got to see them in concert in 1996 while Davey Jones and Peter Tork were still alive.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

[/quote]
I am really glad I got to see them in concert in 1996 while Davey Jones and Peter Tork were still alive.
[/quote]

Oh wow that is so cool!
AdamRedWolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamredwolf.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by AdamRedWolf »

I was pretty into Katy Perry for a while... Yeah that was a tough one to admit as a 30-some year old man.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
- Bokonon (Kurt Vonnegut), Cat's Cradle
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

AdamRedWolf wrote: โ†‘24 Sep 2019, 06:28 I was pretty into Katy Perry for a while... Yeah that was a tough one to admit as a 30-some year old man.
Haha, that's cool. Well, why not? I like her too, and my favorite bands are on the lines of Depeche Mode, Queen, etc...
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I like some country. I am not afraid to admit it, but I feel like I can't listen to it around certain people in my life. They like to make fun of me or complain about it and I can't enjoy it.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:

Post by HeatherEi »

AdamRedWolf wrote: โ†‘24 Sep 2019, 06:28 I was pretty into Katy Perry for a while... Yeah that was a tough one to admit as a 30-some year old man.
Haha! She does have some catchy songs!
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

Browneh wrote: โ†‘15 Sep 2019, 20:57 Don't be ashamed of anything you listen to! Life is too short, enjoy what you enjoy, that's a lesson I learnt from the the youtuber Carrie Hope Fletcher.
You are right! I guess growing up I just put a lot of value on rock music, and I now have this weird way of looking at music as being "good quality" or trash. :D That's really bad...

I just looked the youtuber up, I have a few hours to kill so I will watch her. I can also recommend looking Alain de Botton up on youtube, as well as his channel, The School of Life. And since this is The Online Book Club, if you enjoy his ideas, you can also read his books.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:

Post by Corina Elena »

HeatherEi wrote: โ†‘03 Oct 2019, 13:56 I like some country. I am not afraid to admit it, but I feel like I can't listen to it around certain people in my life. They like to make fun of me or complain about it and I can't enjoy it.
In my home town (I am from Eastern Europe) we have this reaaallly nice Texan Restaurant, with an American owner. They have amazing food, huuge breakfast pancakes, and they always put country music. I enjoy it so much. I have recently moved to Germany, and your comment really sent me back there. Thank you for that :)
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:

Post by HeatherEi »

corinaelena wrote: โ†‘14 Oct 2019, 16:13
HeatherEi wrote: โ†‘03 Oct 2019, 13:56 I like some country. I am not afraid to admit it, but I feel like I can't listen to it around certain people in my life. They like to make fun of me or complain about it and I can't enjoy it.
In my home town (I am from Eastern Europe) we have this reaaallly nice Texan Restaurant, with an American owner. They have amazing food, huuge breakfast pancakes, and they always put country music. I enjoy it so much. I have recently moved to Germany, and your comment really sent me back there. Thank you for that :)
Awesome! I visited Germany many years ago and loved it!!

Return to โ€œPoetry & Musicโ€