Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Discuss the July 2015 book of the month, The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti.
mcdonaldchola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonaldchola.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by mcdonaldchola »

I was almost put off by the title of the book. It was after I read the review that I realized that it is the kind of book that I would love so much to read. Splendid review.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Emergence by Shira Shiloah

Post by Frannie Annie »

I'm glad the characters are so well-developed, but I'm not really into historical fiction so I'll pass on this one. Good review!
oyakhs bookreview4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oyakhs bookreview4 »

First i appreciated the author, for his wonderful work in publishing this book, is really exciting and a lesson for men to be very sensitive in marriage. Thanks
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

A group of women plotting to murder their husbands for the insurance money sounds like a great movie! This is an intriguing-sounding book with a lot of action. I am curious what would make an entire group of women want to murder their husbands for the same reason, and were they all friends or acquaintances before this scheme? If not, how did they meet? So many questions! Thanks for the excellent review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Dadi SK7

Post by Dadi SK7 »

The fiction,drama,crimes, looting made me feel like it's happening right in front of me.had to recommend wicked wives to a friend.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

A bunch of Philadelphia housewives individually conspire with a local tailor, Giorgio, to murder their husbands for the insurance money. What an interesting book. To think that this is a real-life-based Novel. Congrats on BOTD
Kathleen Wilcock
Currently Reading: Fifty Shames of Earl Grey
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wilcock.html
Latest Review: A Life Worth Dying For by Michele Collins
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kathleen Wilcock »

Very detailed and interesting review! It makes me wonder what the true event was and if those women were just as conniving as the women in this book were.
Stephen otieno 4

Post by Stephen otieno 4 »

I think the author should have given the novel a different title The title somehow brings a different viewer as per my understanding
He might have used ..... HOW TAILORS MAKE MONEY
Blessing Kayy

Post by Blessing Kayy »

Haha, when I saw the title, I thought the author was going to talk about housewives causing trouble. The review is great. Nice work
Bee_renda007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bee-renda007.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bee_renda007 »

This sounds like a story that can pop up on ID channel. Although I'm not a fan of historical fictions, I would love to see how events roll off in this book. Thanks for the interesting review!
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I agree with you on the title part. When I saw it, I thought it was a drama about high-society women drinking and gossiping. However, the description is quite interesting, and I'm curious to know about the major twist in the end. As a fan of suspense novels, I'm definitely picking this up. Great review!
Zulaykha_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulaykha-001.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Zulaykha_001 »

To think of murdering someone you got married to is just so cold and heartless, and this being a true life story chills me to the bone. The women could have just faced the consequences of their actions but instead chose to cheat and murder their husband. The book would make a very good movie series. Congrats on BOTD
Omer Hussain
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Omer Hussain »

Awesome and engaging survey. I concur about the title. This is going on my to-understand list.
Wilbert Atwijukye
Currently Reading: The Tarnished Eye
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Wilbert Atwijukye »

Its just much more than just juicy crimes and of course the author gave it an appropriate title wicked wives. However much its a bit romantic, i would recommend this book to any body who loves reading and story telling of the old times.
Rochele King
Currently Reading: Guilded
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochele-king.html
Latest Review: Working At The Warehouse by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Rochele King »

After reading the sample and coming to see this review, I agree with you--the story sucks you right in. I also love that ragtime, down-and-dirty interaction they have to reflect the 1930s. Your review is great, but I actually disagree only on one thing: I think the title works. Maybe getting rid of "The" would make it roll off the tongue more, and I would say a better book cover could definitely attract a wider audience.

Return to “"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti”