"Though" and commas

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

"Though" and commas

Post by skindrukas »

As a non native English speaker (and writer) I get very confused sometimes. Maybe someone could help me with these? The question is - are commas necessary before and/or after though?

I must warn you, though, that this is only my opinion.

It is not clear who is speaking on behalf of him. Whoever is speaking, though, he does not seek any approval.

I would very much appreciate the help and if anyone would even give me some grammar comments on this I would be super thankful-cherry-on-top.
Last edited by skindrukas on 13 Jan 2019, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I would say that to the best of my understanding, before though works well, but after though is not usually necessary.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

I think I need to correct my sentence examples for making it more clear. Give me a second, please...
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho

Return to “International Grammar”