Grammar Question

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Grammar Question

Post by 10mile72 »

I’ve been getting hammered on the Grammar portion of my Reviewer Score, so before I submit my next review I want to run this by you guys. What’s better: In Part One of this book or In Part 1 of this book Thank you
Kitty2001
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kitty2001 »

Part one
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

10mile72 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 20:00 I’ve been getting hammered on the Grammar portion of my Reviewer Score, so before I submit my next review I want to run this by you guys. What’s better: In Part One of this book or In Part 1 of this book Thank you
I would leave out "of this book." Everyone knows you're talking about the book. Unnecessary words don't add to the quality of the review. Just say, "In Part One, Jack shared with Jill."
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
mommaing
Favorite Book: Surprised by Joy
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommaing.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Post by mommaing »

I am a new reviewer here, scrolling through all these grammar posts and trying to learn how to write better reviews. It seems like it's a bit similar to learning a new language. Thanks for having the forum to help us learn the language!

Return to “International Grammar”