Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I like that this one makes you think. It's not just entertainment but thought provoking as well.
Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Karencantley1 »

Since the beginning of time the simple message to “love one another” has been hijacked by religious groups and distorted for their own use. I am fascinated to read this, it sounds like it has quite a philosophical angle.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Thanks for your review, you gave me a great "look inside" the book, the plot sounds engaging and spiritual, I like this genre. I will be reading it very soon.
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

This looks like a very thought-provoking and philosophical book! Definitely a deep read, for anyone looking for one. Great review.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Great review!!! "A Thinking Thriller" sounds extremely intriguing! I also enjoy novels based on a person's religious journey.
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

Well, I grudgingly say, "Great review"-you did a great job of getting across the heart of the book without giving anything away--even though I really wanted to!

I found what I read to be VERY well-written, both in logic and descriptiveness. I'm very curious to read more.
ReaderTeacher
Currently Reading: Dead Fix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerteacher.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ReaderTeacher »

As noted by the reviewer, the author’s hope that
If I get even one ‘hmmm’ out of you I will have succeeded
is a genuine concern that ALL authors should strive to achieve.

I love the dichotomy of God-awakening experience and real-world interference. These are true challenges we face every day. How can we make it through the noise of this world to our own understanding of and relationship with God? I cannot wait to check this one out!
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

I enjoyed reading the short story of "The Message" and your review. While reading it I said whoa! I am back in the classroom reading about "Socrates, Darwin and Paley" but as I continued I realized it is much more than philosophical theories. Leah's story was unreal but her belief did a healing. The author "Avam Hale" must be credited for her effort, creating such writing that is neither complex or confusing for readers; based on the many prose and cons readers have to follow in the story. I would really like to read this book.
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

I enjoyed reading the short story of "The Message" and your review. While reading it I said whoa! I am back in the classroom reading about "Socrates, Darwin and Paley" but as I continued I realized it is much more than philosophical theories. Leah's story was unreal but her belief did a healing. The author "Avam Hale" must be credited for her effort, creating such writing that is neither complex or confusing for readers; based on the many prose and cons readers have to follow in the story. I would really like to read this book.
asaltares
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I always been fascinated with after death experiences. People coming back from death with messeges from God is so great to me. Exciting to know what happens. Thanks for an awesome review and congratulations.
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

This is certainly not light reading! The author has assembled a cast of characters that represents almost every theological argument for and against God. Each has his own response to Leah’s miracle and message-including Leah. I appreciate the challenge!
Ezeoje_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezeoje_1 »

Just as Paul of Tarsus,this woman have just gotten a lifetime turnaround experience with God which we continue if she does not hide the vision. Life itself needs God in all its ramifications.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I would like to give this book a chance since you mentioned it will made me to think and it appears to be unbiased to me after reading your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
m1li3n

Post by m1li3n »

Woah woah woah! The description is on spot! Its interesting! The book cover with the eye, it looks so professional! I's amazing! But the one that caught my eye was the title. It looks so mysterious and it made me want to read and see what happens.
TropicalKilla

Post by TropicalKilla »

The book is well written. Very descriptive in fact! If this is your genre, then you’ll like it. For me personally it’s too dramatic and subtitled “a thinking thriller about change and choice.” Personality, change and choice when it derives from a hospital scene it’s not so attractive. It has to come from the heart. Self realization, however congratulations to the author. Such an accomplishment!

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”