- Posts: 157
- Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 09:34
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 3
- Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Bookshelf Size: 321
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
- Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
- Location: Houston, Texas
The stories time frame caught be off guard after having the themes up to that point remaining similar. They were almost believable present time story lines then a medieval; fantasy based with a little more bloody description was thrown in where I wasn’t ready for it. The switch in story time lines made me uneasy, but the plot slowly gained my interest then fell flat and left me confused at the end. I was excited thinking how they could twist and maybe Romulus who always asked for help with his revenge after and was denied maybe was asking for the revenge on the revenger (basically for the guy to kill himself), I thought that would have been a fun direction but in all I was disappointed in the places of this story in the book and the plot all together. This was my least favorite.
- Posts: 257
- Joined: 28 Sep 2015, 13:48
- 2017 Reading Goal: 30
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
- Bookshelf Size: 38
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czechtigg.html
- Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor
I'd echo comments about the ending. Did almost want a sad ending, as people in the old times rarely had the easiest lives. A well characterised piece overall, that stands out from the other stories due to its genre.
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 05:07
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
- Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
No doubt that this was a unique story and it was good as well but too could not relate with it.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!