When Should Couples Start Living Together?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Denv12
Bookshelf Size: 0

When Should Couples Start Living Together?

Post by Denv12 »

I would like to get some idea of what everyone thinks about when couples should start living together. For example,2 people get together.They start dating.About 6 months later they decide to live together.Is that a good idea or not? And why? Do you think that couples should wait longer before living together? Or,do you think couples can start living together sooner? Do couples know each other enough after 6 months to live together? Your thoughts on the subject.
No,this topic isnt about me.

Thanks.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Not until marriage is the best way. Until the two become one it is not beneficial to live together. God's way is the best.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
kaymontacell
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaymontacell.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by kaymontacell »

So, statistically, it's best to start living with each other as a couple after you get married (better intimacy and relationship stability). I mean, there's nothing morally wrong with living together beforehand or anything. I'd guess at least 6 months to a year would be best. Of course, this is a general thing. I've got friends who room with their significant others and are totally cool with it. For others, they were happy to have the space away from them and lived in another housing situation the year after (while still keeping the relationship).

I mean, this is also a United States perspective from a college student. Of course, if you're in a country where you're gay and the option of marriage isn't legally available, you'd have to play it by ear and communicate with your partner as to when cohabitation is best at what stage of a relationship.
"No way but forward!"

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”