Does anyone listen to music while writing reviews?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
SammiArch
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammiarch.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Does anyone listen to music while writing reviews?

Post by SammiArch »

Do you think listening to music has an effect on your ability to write? If so, does it help or hinder? Do you think the style of music can effect the quality or overall feel of your review (ie happy music means a more pleasant review)? I personally prefer to write the review while listening to music without words, and then I listen to music with words while proofreading my review. Apparently I have a system! :lol2: What's yours??
Sammi Arch
Nosiepho13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nosiepho13 »

I also love listening to music when i write, it makes me feel the emotion of what i am writing about, if it about me, i end up crying lol cause of the rythem of the song a message that link into what i write.
Arronhardy

Post by Arronhardy »

Sometimes I do and I think it does have an affect on what I write. However, the thing I find amazing is as I'm writing I will hear a word am going to write or thinking of writing. It's the timing of which I think is amazing. I can remember writing back in the day and a phrase would pop on the song as I was writing it. I just think the timing is amazing how that happens.
Cyndrel

Post by Cyndrel »

Yeah I actually do that,it makes me feel relaxed and at ease and all the ideas flows nicely.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Uhh, no, I don't think I can listen to music while writing my reviews, or any other creative piece for that matter. I can only do so while typing from a book because I find I would end up concentrating on the underbelly beat or vocals music if I have to do creative thinking at the same time and that may mess up my work or worse, prevent me from getting anything done. (Repetition mode :doh: ) If I find myself getting listless or losing concentration, I could take a break to enjoy some music until I can move on. Then the music takes a back seat.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I find it hard to write with some music in the background.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”