A song's special meaning

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
The Canadian Witch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1329">Blue Haven</a>
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 322

A song's special meaning

Post by The Canadian Witch »

Which song has a special message or meaning to you, that holds dear to your heart?

For myself, it is Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson. Even from the time i was very young, when i wasn't able to understand english yet, French being my mother tongue, i had a feeling that the song was special, that it meant something serious and wasn't just some random stupid lyrics that means nothing.

Once i finally was old enough to understand, i discovered i was right. One of the sentence of the song is my life's quote: If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself then make a change.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

One called Who Will Know by Shiro Sagisu who is the composer. Its about when a person dies if anyone will give a damn or even care when they are gone. A haunting and somewhat depressing Japanese tune from an unlikely source, the movie Shin Godzilla.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Bighuey wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 19:59 One called Who Will Know by Shiro Sagisu who is the composer. Its about when a person dies if anyone will give a damn or even care when they are gone. A haunting and somewhat depressing Japanese tune from an unlikely source, the movie Shin Godzilla.
Huey that's really deep! I haven't even heard the song before and I'm already depressed. [:- (
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

You can find it on Youtube under Shin Godzilla soundtrack. Its a video with the lyrics. Theres another Kaiju song I also like, its by the Japanese composer Akira Ifukube. Its called Sacred Spring from the movie Godzilla vs The Thing (Mothra) Its sung by The Peanuts, twin girls who were fairly popular back in the 60's. The lyrics are in Japanese but it translates into a message about the destruction caused by nuclear bombs. A very beautiful haunting melody.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Ami_Violet
Currently Reading: #staymarried
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ami_Violet »

Kesha's recent comeback song "Praying" ... It might seem cliche for the #metoo times we live in, like part of a passing fad, but I feel the power in her words and her vocals and it hits home. I think regardless of who the monster is in your world it has a very powerful message of forgiveness and letting go... I feel this song on a spiritual level, for sure.
Dee_7Reichardt
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Currently Reading: Tears and Trombones
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-7reichardt.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dee_7Reichardt »

One song that comes to mind is "Kyrie" by Mr. Mister. Whether this song comes up on my playlist or on the radio while driving, I am always uplifted when I hear it. This is due partially to my faith, but also because it's a great song with catchy beats and chorus. I particularly appreciate that they modulate up partially through the song to add color to the music. Overall the message I take from the song is that on your journey through life, you aren't alone.
inkoncedar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by inkoncedar »

R.I.P to my youth by The Neighborhood. There is verse
"I'm using white lighters to see what's in front of me
I'm using white lighters to see
R.I.P. to my youth"
matthelobola2018
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by matthelobola2018 »

The song that is meaningful to me is sang by westlife a empty Street a empty house a hole inside my heart the room is getting smaller
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

One I heard a couple days ago, The More Im Around Some People The More I like My Dog by Sonny Burgess. A lot of truth to that one.
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Post by Lady Loch »

There are many songs which hold meaning for me, but one of them is "You know better than i".. I forgot the artist/s though.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”