Animal's rights advocacy

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Animal's rights advocacy

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

While we celebrate with Kathleen Geiger in the success of her book, may we offer this month to remind ourselves of the animal's rights. May I invite everybody to reply by posting an essay in a sentence or two about either of the following:
- taking care of the animals
- good animal traits
- animal's rights.
ndumia
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by ndumia »

Animals are a similar form of beings as we. We bear much in common in that we both have to adapt to certain environments for survival. It is crucial we provide a suitable sorrounding within and out of our home bounds to ensure maximum comfort for them.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

ndumia wrote:Animals are a similar form of beings as we. We bear much in common in that we both have to adapt to certain environments for survival. It is crucial we provide a suitable sorrounding within and out of our home bounds to ensure maximum comfort for them.
I agree. The animals, like humans, are entitled to rights like the right to abode and the right to life.
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

I've been vegan for over 3 years now and it feels great. Did it for the animals :)
Amanda Deck
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

It's difficult to decide about this. I've never liked meat much and don't particularly like animals, but I hate seeing animals mistreated. I also thought people shouldn't keep pets because animals are meant to run wild.

Then I realized we're giving them comfort and a life of ease and luxury when we have pets, safe from the constant need for hyper-vigilance. They no longer need to avoid predators that will viciously (eat them alive). Next, I considered the ants, beetles, fish, and crabs that farm and herd other lifeforms for their consumption.

All this makes me no longer sure that humans are obliged to do things differently, other than to avoid causing needless suffering. We live our animal lives like the rest of them.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”