Best name for a dog

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
colbs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Best name for a dog

Post by colbs »

Its a boy, has black fur with white boots and a white underbelly. (were not sure what breed he is due to the fact he was a stray, but he looks to be pit bull and terrier)
No names like Oreo, or panda, or anything relevant to the reason that hes black and white.
Williamz

Post by Williamz »

I think Trudy or Roxxy are a best names for a dog.
hopeingod

Post by hopeingod »

I like traditional human names, personally, for dogs. Charlie, Harry, Henry, James, you know what I mean. People names. Steinbeck called his dog Charlie, as did my girlfriend. Even Frank I like.
speedesch2
Favorite Book: The Galway Homicides #4-6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedesch2.html

Post by speedesch2 »

I have two dogs, Madam Roza who's a real lady and Sir Oscar who think he owns the place :lol: My first dog's name was Duke, you can try that or Prince, King, it runs in the royalty theme. Alternatively there are web sites you can try for ideas, see this one dogchannel.com/dog-names-center/default ... wgodQgMA5w. Good luck, enjoy your new furry friend! Let us know the verdict :D
Gupta
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: The Ocean at the End of the Lane
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Gupta »

I like nontraditional names. You could name him Boots. Or you could wait a while and name him after a dominant personality trait. Zip if he's fast or excitable. Bud if he just wants to hang out. Einstein if he's really smart. Loco if he's loco.

I hope you find the perfect name.
JaiD

Post by JaiD »

I think it's always cool to name a dog after his personality. I have a dog and he just seems like a Worldly gentleman so his name is...Mister P and it just fits. :) It's also fun at the vet...haha
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

If it has only three legs, a great name would be Tripod. :D
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
Apogea
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apogea.html

Post by Apogea »

Comet, we almost named our dog Comet, but decided on Shadow instead :)
LimeRicky

Post by LimeRicky »

I have friends who retired in Mexico. They named their dog "Trotsky", after the
famous Marxist/Bolshevik/Communist expelled by Stalin from Russia in the late 1920's. Trotsky the Theorist traveled to several countries after his
expulsion, eventually settling in Mexico City. Where he was assassinated in 1940 by
a Spanish Communist, on Stalin's orders. Trotsky the Dog met a similar fate. Unlike
Trotsky The Theorist, he had no political affiliation and was murdered simply because of his proximity to the murderer.
In 1984, my friends were murdered by a man whose sister had worked for them as
a domestic. She had been stealing from them(mostly personal items, which had value
for them, but nothing that would be easy to unload in a black market)and was eventually fired. The night of the day she was fired, her brother went to their residence
and hacked them to death with a machete. Their bodies were decapitated. In a final
measure of contempt for them, the murderer also did away with their beloved pet in
similar fashion. I swear, before God, that the events as I have recounted them are true.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Truth IS stranger than fiction, Dios Mio!

Some names from our Menagerie........

1 - Olga the cat who looked Russian...

2- Harry the cat who looked like a stockbroker...

3 Bernie the cat who followed me into my car from the Hemmingway House in Key West...

4- Rocky and Roxy, 2 blk. and white cats that were inseparable.........both very spunky ( like the movie )

5- Roy, an Airedale...a real " cowboy "

6- Beau a mixed breed bow-wow...

7- Honey, a real Fat cat.........

8-Dusty, very photogenic, a cat that filled up many a photo album...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
LimeRicky

Post by LimeRicky »

Great names. Bernie wasn't the Cat who started the biggest Ponzi Scheme in history was he? The creep who murdered my friends never went to trial. And was released as soon as the murders were forgotten. (Two gringos and a gringo dog, who cares, right?) I was
living in the town then and found out about it from another American. After viewing the bodies(he didn't just kill them, he butchered them), I hired the town's only truck to take
us as faraway from PA, as quickly as possible. It took us 6 hours to get to Acapulco.
We took the first flight to an American destination(Tuscon). And drank mescal and ate
delicacies recommended by the PDR for a week. Exigent circumstances don't you know. I'd heard all the horror stories(everyone of them true) and knew that if your the richest gringo at the scene of an accident. You're it. Whenever we were stopped by a
Mexican with a uniform on? "Mordida?. Si, señor. Tenemos. Es bastante?" If you're dumb enough to get sideways with the Mexican legal system, may God have mercy
on your soul. I think about my friends from time to time. Their first mistake was to call their dog "Trotsky". Low profiles are the best profiles. They made a lot of mistakes. I
was friendly, but never familiar. Que lastima.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

just found out that Bernie Madoff aka " Madman " attended the same H.S. as I did.... uggghhh

-- 29 Jul 2014, 05:38 --

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Ive given dogs names that fit their personality or sometimes human names. One of my dogs is Digger, because he digs holes all over the yard looking for gophers. The other one is taffy, she was named by my grandson. Ive had dogs named Sam, Becky, Suzie, Charley, Buddy, Griswald, Q, Shorty, Brown Dog, Muffy, Bing, and too many more to mention. My daughter has an orange cat named Spot from Commander Data's cat on Star Trek. The first poster mentioned Panda, we had a big fluffy dog my wife named Pandy. I dont know where she got that from.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
haikudude

Post by haikudude »

My first wife was a cat person. We lived on a property with a barn full of hay in Southern
Colorado for a while. While we were there, the barn hosted 14 cats. I don't count
the mothers. They were always transient. All 14 were born and raised in the barn.
There were 3 litters and each litter lived independently of the other two. Kind of like humanity. Whats mine is mine and the rest is yours. The exception to this tawdry
display of self interest was Gus. My Tabby, First Mate of Thistlers Mother, Happy,
Never Sad, and The Only Quadra Or Biped Who Lived His Life Without The Attachment
That None Of Us Seem to Be Able To Live Without: Territory. Gus lived to be 30 and
passed away last November. He was a good old boy.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

If all else fails..." Doggie " :lol:

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”