Bookshelves Moderators Wanted!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Gulam Mohamed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gulam-mohamed.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Re: Bookshelves Moderators Wanted!

Post by Gulam Mohamed »

Wonderful offer. I don't think I am well-organised or reading enough, yet, to be ready for such an opportunity.
nwanasebuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanyi-nata1.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by nwanasebuka »

Even though I am young and have yet to make an effect, it is nice to hear your news. Look forward to seeing you on the next page...
Annie Rae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-rae.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Annie Rae »

Thanks for the information
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

I'm working to meet the requirements. Thank you for this knowledge
kishulycos
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kishulycos »

gali wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 23:27 The Bookshelves Moderators position is now open for applications. We are looking for Bookshelves moderators to help out with the shelves, which will include solving issues with metadata (author, title, etc.), as well as dealing with inquiries and generally contributing to the moderator team with ideas and feedback. Moderators must have a firm understanding of the English language, be very familiar with the Bookshelves, and have a general love of order. Please note that applicants' Bookshelves will be consulted to determine the user's general use of the shelves and their tidiness.

The position is unpaid and won't boost your level.

If you wish to be considered, please note that you need to be an active poster on the forums and be a member for at least a few months. New members won't be considered. Please make sure you've posted at least 200 meaningful posts and you have at least 50 books on your shelves before applying.

The rule is very flexible and has little pressure attached to it, but it does require being active as a mod, checking in often, and communicating with the other mods. If you would like to be a moderator for Bookshelves, please request membership in the Trial Bookshelves Moderators group to start. Your position will be probationary at first, and after a trial period, you will be added to the Bookshelves Moderators group. You can submit a request through your User Control Panel, or by PM to one of the moderators @Gravy and gali (the group leaders). Thank you!

:tiphat: thank you for the offer. I am totally into it. Hope to be a part of your helping group.

Please do care to reply my message.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

kishulycos wrote: 01 May 2022, 05:27
gali wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 23:27 The Bookshelves Moderators position is now open for applications. We are looking for Bookshelves moderators to help out with the shelves, which will include solving issues with metadata (author, title, etc.), as well as dealing with inquiries and generally contributing to the moderator team with ideas and feedback. Moderators must have a firm understanding of the English language, be very familiar with the Bookshelves, and have a general love of order. Please note that applicants' Bookshelves will be consulted to determine the user's general use of the shelves and their tidiness.

The position is unpaid and won't boost your level.

If you wish to be considered, please note that you need to be an active poster on the forums and be a member for at least a few months. New members won't be considered. Please make sure you've posted at least 200 meaningful posts and you have at least 50 books on your shelves before applying.

The rule is very flexible and has little pressure attached to it, but it does require being active as a mod, checking in often, and communicating with the other mods. If you would like to be a moderator for Bookshelves, please request membership in the Trial Bookshelves Moderators group to start. Your position will be probationary at first, and after a trial period, you will be added to the Bookshelves Moderators group. You can submit a request through your User Control Panel, or by PM to one of the moderators @Gravy and gali (the group leaders). Thank you!
:tiphat: thank you for the offer. I am totally into it. Hope to be a part of your helping group.

Please do care to reply my message.
I am afraid you don't meet the requirements. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
aliyu stephen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aliyu stephen »

As a new user i appreciate the announcement
Langstone Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-langstone-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Langstone Njoroge »

Thankyou so much about the announcement. I now know when to apply for that post.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

This post seems pretty old. Are bookshelf moderators still needed?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Elenimo Chembe wrote: 05 May 2022, 05:20 This post seems pretty old. Are bookshelf moderators still needed?
Yes, but you need to meet the requirements.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

gali wrote: 05 May 2022, 08:26
Elenimo Chembe wrote: 05 May 2022, 05:20 This post seems pretty old. Are bookshelf moderators still needed?
Yes, but you need to meet the requirements.
Alright thanks so much.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

I’m new here but I would like to apply. I guess I have to meet all the requirements first. I do hope that this information is still relevant today.
Ozoab1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozoab1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ozoab1 »

This is a very useful information and I am very interested in it.
ENOCK RAPHAEL
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ENOCK RAPHAEL »

It's so better since it activates brain through different reading books.Buti have question on it,"how such books can be opened"
Belen Egan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belen-egan.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Belen Egan »

Thanks for the announcement, always interesting to learn the ways of this website.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”