Thug Notes

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Thug Notes

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I was listening to the song "Don Quixote" by Magazine 60. Since I haven't read Don Quixote, I Googled it and up popped a Thug Notes discussion on it. I haven't had time to listen to other videos on Thug Notes. Any else familiar with the site?
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I had never heard of this site. Based on your prompting, I checked out the one for Macbeth, which happens to be my favorite Shakespeare play. I must say, Mr. Thug gives an accurate summary of the plot and an engaging analysis. He even includes direct quotes from the play at the end. This would be a great way to get students interested in their reading assignments. I would have used it for entertainment (and perspective!) when I was homeschooling my niece. :compta:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

MsH2k wrote: I had never heard of this site. Based on your prompting, I checked out the one for Macbeth, which happens to be my favorite Shakespeare play. I must say, Mr. Thug gives an accurate summary of the plot and an engaging analysis. He even includes direct quotes from the play at the end. This would be a great way to get students interested in their reading assignments. I would have used it for entertainment (and perspective!) when I was homeschooling my niece. :compta:
g

I watched the ones on Crime and Punishment and To Kill A Mockingbird and I think they were all right. They could have been a little bit more detailed, but he seemed to summarize the stories well and he mentioned some other key aspects of both books.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”