Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
julieg25
Favorite Author: Jk Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games
Currently Reading: My Sisters Keeper Widows Watch
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julieg25.html
Latest Review: "Beyond Birkie Fever" by Walter Rhein

Re: Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Post by julieg25 »

I personally prefer paper books. I don't have any issues finding where I left off in a regular book. I don't mind E books, but I find it more difficult to locate where I left off. I like the feeling of having a paper book because it doesn't hurt my eyes as much as an E book would. E books make it easier to travel because you have all your books in the palm of your hand versus trying to lug around lots of books, which can be heavy at times.
Latest Review: "Beyond Birkie Fever" by Walter Rhein
Jon-Ross
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings and World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jon-ross.html

Post by Jon-Ross »

I haven't tried an eBook. I don't want to. I love my paperbacks. The firm spine, the crisp pages, the smell. I love it.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Ive got mixed feelings about e readers. I like them because there so many free books out there that would cost a fortune if you had to buy them in paper, but readers tend to screw up like mine did a while back. Its fixed now, but paper books are more dependable and the feel of them is much better.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
nimsith8
Favorite Author: Georgette Heyer
Favorite Book: Changes every day
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimsith8.html
fav_author_id: 10137

Post by nimsith8 »

I have loved paper books most of my life, and have loads to show for it, but recently, having bought an E-book reader, its hard not to acknowledge the plus points. Especially if you have a habit of reading more than one book at a time. It doesn't need to be either/or. I have absent mindedly groped the top right of my E-reader to turn the page only to find there was no page, it depends how engrossed one is with the reading material. On the other hand nothing beats the pleasure of spending a few hours in a library or a bookshop browsing and reading (and buying).
noahadams
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noahadams.html
Latest Review: "Hiram's Honor" by Max Terman

Post by noahadams »

Depends on what I'm using it for. I'm a grad student and I prefer ebooks for thesis stuff, as I can mark them up and save them in a file, with the rest of my thesis stuff. However, for pleasure reading, I refer paper, because of the weight in my hand and the small of the pages.
Latest Review: "Hiram's Honor" by Max Terman
ssdm4eva

Post by ssdm4eva »

Paper ! There is just something very satisfying about holding a book in your hand. I also love my home library.
B_elk123
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-elk123.html
Latest Review: "L" by Dane Swan, Various

Post by B_elk123 »

Paper!
Latest Review: "L" by Dane Swan, Various
fitnessfreak

Post by fitnessfreak »

My small apt. only looks like my "home" because of the bookshelves stocked chock-full standing against every wall. Each individual book, with it's unique size, colors and thickness, gives the room a certain cozy atmosphere. The few times I have moved all my many boxes of hundreds of soft/hardbacks came along with me....I never considered abandonment! When it's time to choose the next book to read, I take my time....pulling one out....reading the back cover description...weighing it in my hands. Depending on my mood--I might choose a true-crime, or perhaps a Classic that I found at a yard sale. When I'm done with the book...I make sure to pass it on to another book-lover or maybe to the nursing a home nearby. I went on for a long time to say simply this----PAPER!
FFGIRL12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ffgirl12.html

Post by FFGIRL12 »

Paper books for sure! They just make reading more special than an electronically made book, it's not the same.
Njkinny
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Empowered
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njkinny.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Njkinny »

Although I like Paperbacks but in some cases EBooks are better. They provide great highlighting features, digital book marks, ready dictionary, background and font adjustment etc.
Njkinny :techie-reference:
vonamccray

Post by vonamccray »

I seem to be one of the rare few that seem to enjoy a E book due to my love for laying in the bed to read a good novel. I love the low dim light as i read that seems to soothe me after a long day of work. So no more flashlights for me.
Clarbear13
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clarbear13.html
Latest Review: "Cassandra in the Mirror" by Piera Sarasini
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by Clarbear13 »

I have always been one for paper books but lately I have been reading a lot of ebooks.
Latest Review: "Cassandra in the Mirror" by Piera Sarasini
Fordette89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fordette89.html

Post by Fordette89 »

I will always always love my paper books!
wendyj
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyj.html
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid

Post by wendyj »

It took me a long time to give up paper books and move to an e-reader. I love the feel of a book in my hand. However, I now love my e-reader. It's lightweight, fits nicely in my hand and i can read at night without a light. I also love the convenience of shopping for my next book immediately without having to go to the store or library.
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid
Doodahday6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doodahday6.html

Post by Doodahday6 »

I prefer reading paper books, but I do enjoy the convenience of ebooks.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”