Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Kellie123
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellie123.html

Re: Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Post by Kellie123 »

For the longest time I was so against getting an E-reader. One of my absolute favorite places to go is a bookstore. Whether It's a major retail store, library, second hand store. Anything! I just love walking around and picking out a few good books. My husband got me a Nook this past Christmas and the one thing I love about it is that there's thousands of books right at my fingertips, without having to leave my home. However, Nothing can beat a good paperback book!
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Nothing will ever trump a paper book.........however, my kindle surpasses everything for TRAVELING for obvious reasons..............
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
deanel

Post by deanel »

ebook
colemaba
Favorite Author: I can never decide
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21844">the hinger games</a>
Currently Reading: Enders Game
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colemaba.html
Latest Review: "Angel of Destiny" by T.L.Adams

Post by colemaba »

Paper. Batteries die out on devices, but you can always read paper.
Latest Review: "Angel of Destiny" by T.L.Adams
Nikkimcloughlin

Post by Nikkimcloughlin »

I have a kindle app on my iPad & am a complete ebook convert. I read on average 4/5 books a week. Can you imagine trying to store that amount of books? For me the convenience of being able to purchase my books instantly from amazon & to be able to read numerous reviews beforehand as well is pure convenience at its best!
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

Definitely paper! There is something very satisfying about holding a book, turning the pages, admiring the cover, falling in love with the men or the couple on the cover and you can read behind the book to look if i like to read it and in the book is no light that make your eyes tired. but i enjoy read it not a problem for me to read e books too. The good thing about e-books is that when i finished one book i can begin with an other right away and with paper books i need to wait for the next day and for the bookstore to open for buying an other
one. ;)
Shadowgurl33

Post by Shadowgurl33 »

I'm one of those readers that reads a little to fast for my own good. I just recently got a kindle but it haven't stop me from buying my favorite authors paperbacks or hardcover or any new authors paperbacks.I must say kindle is a lot cheaper and depends on the book sometime i can just buy it from home instead of going to the store.But when i go shopping it's nothing like walking into a book store smelling coffee and books and just sitting in a corner with your choice book.All in All i LOVE My Kindle. :mrgreen:
cazz13

Post by cazz13 »

I agree with most of you i prefer a proper book the feel and texture makes you feel more involved in the story however i do like me e reader for convenience such as when i go away and i am reading a particular large book it is easier on an e reader. but a proper paper book will always hold my heart.
SproutinPages

Post by SproutinPages »

Paperback is my favorite it's the feeling of the paper and holding something. I read on the computer through the Kindle app. What I like about that is the option of getting books whenever I want and I can find short stories etc. I am getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I go back and forth depending on my mood. However I actually prefer Audio books. Nothing better than to put in ear buds laze around and listen!
Stella White 47
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-white-47.html

Post by Stella White 47 »

I am just getting used to ebooks, and I never thought I would prefer them. However, as my eyes age (not the rest of me, ha,ha), I have to admit I like to control the size of the font according to the time of day and how tired I am. Also, I like to be able to carry many books with me without no added weight or bulk. I still prefer the idea of a book, but I can see that changing down the road.
Beccalovesbooks

Post by Beccalovesbooks »

I prefer paper books rather than e- books. I like the feel of a book in my hand and the crisp pages falling on my face when I fall asleep. E- books are good read on airplanes and they hurt you eyes if you don't own a kindle. Call me old fashioned but, I like paper books.
DarleneK_Boltz

Post by DarleneK_Boltz »

I always prefer paper back! I feel it takes you back to the old days where there was no electronics. Paper backs just give me a home feeling. Even though I prefer the old things, I sit here typing on the keyboard of my computer. :P
Elizabeth Rogers 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-rogers-47.html

Post by Elizabeth Rogers 47 »

My apartment looks neater since I got a tablet and began downloading my library books . Also do not have to worry about losing them or returning them late .
MrsBoshoff1907
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsboshoff1907.html

Post by MrsBoshoff1907 »

I personally feel that both have their pros and cons, but nowadays I prefer ebooks because when my son and husband are asleep I don't have to switch on the lights to be able to read.
Kitana

Post by Kitana »

Since the age of six, I have only missed two days of reading (and I'm 50). I am a voracious reader, and for years absolutely resisted ebooks for similar reasons - mainly the tactile experience. My views changed dramatically when I got an IPad and downloaded 4 books to take on a trip. The conveniences of not packing the weight was great. I have to say, the first book that I read, I was very aware that it wasn't a "real" book, and I found myself occasionally distracted by that fact. By the second book, it became a non-issue to tap the screen forward. I guess I quickly adapted to a new habit and the reading experience was just as enjoyable. My only negative comment about ebooks is that when you are outdoors, you have to take into account the sun glare. Also, if you are at the beach, you have to worry about sand and/or water damaging your electronic device. Some of my friends have complained about the back-light on the IPad (but not Kindle), but I don't feel it.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”