Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
peverroad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you prefer E Book or Paper Book

Post by peverroad »

e books

-- 30 May 2014, 17:22 --

e books
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

To me the book is the words, not the format. I can read either, but I much prefer reading on my Kindle. My eyes tend to get tired when I am reading paper books, but with the Kindle, I can read for longer periods of time.
"I like liquor — its taste and its effects — and that is just the reason why I never drink it."
-Stonewall Jackson
bookmom90

Post by bookmom90 »

I prefer reading on an E Book. I am able to hold it in one hand and download books whenever I want. If I finish a book in a series I can just click to get the 2nd book, if it is already out. When I am outside I do prefer a paper book.
ibeemelissae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibeemelissae.html

Post by ibeemelissae »

I prefer a paper book to be able to annotate, highlight and easily flip to a page where you need to find information.
BUT, I used to have so many paper books I couldn't make space for them, and when I read a large paper book it is difficult to carry around (I used public transit a lot). Also it is much easier to use an e-reader in terms of if you are trying to eat while you read etc, which happens to me a lot. So that way you don't have to hold the book/flip pages etc.
So I guess while I do prefer paper book, e-readers are wonderful and have their place for me too.
cmarie1
Favorite Author: Maya Angelou
Favorite Book: I know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Currently Reading: Men Cry In The Dark
fav_author_id: 2478

Post by cmarie1 »

Now that I have experienced reading ebooks on a nook color and kindle fire I prefer ebooks. Much easier and I Don't have to dog-ear the pages or place a book Mark. Your page is automatically kept where you left off.
RG Dillon
Currently Reading: Changes every other day . . .

Post by RG Dillon »

Both. I love the feel of fine paper but I also love the convenience and portability of an e-reader. I own two different Kindles and one Nook. I suppose there is also the factor of life style. For myself on a daily basis, my Kindle is the preferred method. No matter where I am I always have a stack of books at my disposal - finish one and move on to the next. Start and stop without losing what page I was on. Lunch time - grab my Kindle and enjoy both at the same time. All without carrying a stack of books. If I was a slow or an occasional reader then I would most likely stick to paper. But I'm not - so I buy both.

As a note to those who might complain about eye strain - take a few minutes and learn to adjust the font, size, paper (background) color and back light on the device and I guarantee that you will be able to read longer with a lot less eye strain than paper.

Ron
jessicamoyer21

Post by jessicamoyer21 »

I prefer e books because they are less space than books and save paper but also so many books a device holds up a lot of space but i still perfer ebooks
alex_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex.html

Post by alex_ »

Honestly I like both, they both have advantages and disadvantages.
bkjr-20171
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bkjr-20171.html

Post by bkjr-20171 »

I prefer both! I like the kindle because I can get my books instantly and most of the time cheaper than the paper book and the kindle is more convenient. However, I do also like paper books because that is the original book. There is nothing better than holding and opening a book and getting captivated and in the zone and getting dragged into the book by turning the pages!
Winston Smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winston-smith.html

Post by Winston Smith »

I used to dislike E-book readers till I bought one just for practical reasons. Now I must say I love it and due to the fact that I am travelling often I always carry my E-Book reader with me instead of paper books.
justN
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justn.html

Post by justN »

I definitely prefer paper but sometimes I go for my E-reader just because it's cheaper :p
bookcrazy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookcrazy.html

Post by bookcrazy »

Paper for sure. Somehow I enjoy reading paper books than ebooks. Also I love the smell of old book pages.
JaiD

Post by JaiD »

I love the smell of books..ok I'm a bit weird:) Unfortunately over the years I have lost everything I own and have had to rebuild a few times. I now rely heavily on e-books it's a bit harder to lose and frankly I'm tired of rebuilding. E-Readers and apps have come a long way and as someone who does editing it's great to be able to do it on an iPad and email it directly to the author. It helps a lot.
ValerieCasady

Post by ValerieCasady »

whatever is available will do..hehe..for me I use e-book sometimes and paper book most of the time..I have a lot of that
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

E-Book all the way! But when the book is sentimental to me like a series I read when I was a wee girl then I would definitely collect all the paper backs in the series. :D
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”