tattoos?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
dmvictoria
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dmvictoria »

No ink and needle has ever touched my bare bodkin.
J.Seishu

Post by J.Seishu »

I've got 2 tattoos so far. I'm probably gonna get alot more in the future
morebooks4me

Post by morebooks4me »

I have a gecko on my ankle.
awelker

Post by awelker »

i have one and want more! but that takes money and well i don't have any of that at this moment in time :(
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
LoveMusic_AK

Post by LoveMusic_AK »

I do not like tattoos. If we were meant to ink ourselves up with tattoos then we would have been born with them. I think that when people who have tattoos get older, the tattoos start to look gross. They get faded and wrinkly. I know so many people who really regret their tattoos. You may like it at a certain time, but soon you'll wish you never got it. Just think about this for a second: When have you ever not changed your mind about something you liked? Certain things like your family doesn't count. Did anyone ever want a certain dog, and then change their mind when you went to get one? It's like if you have a new car. Would you mark it up because at the time it looks cool? Probably not. So why do it to yourself. You are perfect the way you are. You don't need tattoos to make you look or seem cooler. The word cool is so overrated and overused. Be your own person and do your own things. So before you get a tattoo, really think about it. :)
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

LoveMusic_AK wrote:I do not like tattoos. If we were meant to ink ourselves up with tattoos then we would have been born with them. I think that when people who have tattoos get older, the tattoos start to look gross. They get faded and wrinkly. I know so many people who really regret their tattoos. You may like it at a certain time, but soon you'll wish you never got it. Just think about this for a second: When have you ever not changed your mind about something you liked? Certain things like your family doesn't count. Did anyone ever want a certain dog, and then change their mind when you went to get one? It's like if you have a new car. Would you mark it up because at the time it looks cool? Probably not. So why do it to yourself. You are perfect the way you are. You don't need tattoos to make you look or seem cooler. The word cool is so overrated and overused. Be your own person and do your own things. So before you get a tattoo, really think about it. :)
LoveMusic_AK wrote:I do not like tattoos. If we were meant to ink ourselves up with tattoos then we would have been born with them. I think that when people who have tattoos get older, the tattoos start to look gross. They get faded and wrinkly. I know so many people who really regret their tattoos. You may like it at a certain time, but soon you'll wish you never got it. Just think about this for a second: When have you ever not changed your mind about something you liked? Certain things like your family doesn't count. Did anyone ever want a certain dog, and then change their mind when you went to get one? It's like if you have a new car. Would you mark it up because at the time it looks cool? Probably not. So why do it to yourself. You are perfect the way you are. You don't need tattoos to make you look or seem cooler. The word cool is so overrated and overused. Be your own person and do your own things. So before you get a tattoo, really think about it. :)
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! well said my dear!...
Nothing more pathetic than a granma w/a tattoo :roll: ...thank God i'm not a " lemming "
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I cant say a whole lot about tatoos because I have a couple myself I got while in the Navy. I was a dumb 18 year old kid who didnt know any better. I may be a male chauvinistic pig, but I think tattoos on a woman is degrading and takes away from their femininty. To me having a fling with a tattooed lady would be like making love to a smeared up painters pallette.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Bighuey wrote:I cant say a whole lot about tatoos because I have a couple myself I got while in the Navy. I was a dumb 18 year old kid who didnt know any better. I may be a male chauvinistic pig, but I think tattoos on a woman is degrading and takes away from their femininty. To me having a fling with a tattooed lady would be like making love to a smeared up painters pallette.
:lol: :lol: ...love your " smeared up painters palette " analogy...as usual you're a riot!........LMAO!

I feel the same re men w/tattoos...........no matter how good looking the guy is, a tattooed body is an INSTANT turn-off for me....." whatta loser " is my opinion of them...clearly by defacing their body they're making a statement that says: " I'm happy w/low-end crap jobs my whole life....UUUGH!

When was the last time you saw a lawyer, doctor, business professional , etc. all tatted up?...Soooo they choose a life of financial misery and dead end jobs!.....brilliant...NOT!

Doncha love when they call it " ART ! "....heeehehee....
I can understand the kids trying to emulate their fave rock stars........butt the " over 50 " crowd, just look dumb, and pathetic, a throwback from their " Hippie days "...

They'd be better off just painting a sign on their face that says : WOODSTOCK, ( at least they can wash that off ) :P

Dumb, dumb, dumb!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I have seven of them.
Iko iko grateful dead bears on my hip (color)
Buddha on my other hip (black)
Daisy on my big toe (color) toes HURT! I do not suggest this as a viable location!
Flower chain ankle bracelet (black)
Sunshine on my back (black)
Kanji "dead head" on my back (color)
Wedding ring on my ring finger (black)

Over time, I have realized that color really doesn't hold up well, even with sunblock and lotion. I have also developed more of an appreciaton for artistic talent in black and shades tattoos. Mine are all super easy to cover up, I always really pondered placement just in case I changed my mind later, people who don't know me have no idea that I have so much ink!
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Randilsharp
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randilsharp.html

Post by Randilsharp »

I have two and want more. They are very addicting.
lizrumping
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green
Currently Reading: 13 Little Blue Envelopes-Maureen Johnson
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizrumping.html

Post by lizrumping »

I currently only have one, although I'm planning on getting more. I have the last three words of the Harry Potter series (All was well.) on my ribs, in Dumbledore's handwriting, and the first A is a Deathly Hallows symbol :)
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I have one tattoo already. It is between my shoulder blades. I got it when I was 17 years old as a bet, the tattoo does have meaning, but my dad and everybody else did think I would really get it done being I am terrified of needles. I have about 3 more tattoos planned, one of them based around my children. :)
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

I don't despise them or dislike them and to me it only matters if the person who has them wanted them and likes them. For me, I will never get them one done because I have a fear of needles.
shayna
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shayna.html
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman

Post by shayna »

I want a small circle on my finger. I hope I get one when I turn 18
Latest Review: "T Wave" by Steven F. Freeman
Carla Hurst-Chandler
Favorite Author: Pirzig
Favorite Book: Zen and the Art...
Currently Reading: The Lost Landscape
Bookshelf Size: 124

Post by Carla Hurst-Chandler »

Saw a beautiful "water-colour" type rose tattoo the other day and definitely going to get one done. Beautiful!
“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”