tattoos?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: tattoos?

Post by Chelsey Coles »

I got my first tattoo this year. And I must say, it has become such a fast part of me that I forget about it sometimes! But no regrets.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I have 4. A large black and white fox ( Who I named Todd), a paw print on my right foot (for my dog Dousie), a depiction of Artemis's wolf from the greek picture Artemis dreaming (Artemis protects the animals and in return the animals protect her) and the quote "Anything worth doing is worth doing Right" by Hunter S Thompson.

I really want to get Needle, Arya's sword, with the phrase "Fear cuts deeper than swords" and the symbol Rafiki draws to represent Simba from the Lion King (the original cartoon one)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

Sinclairess wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 10:30 I got my first tattoo this year. And I must say, it has become such a fast part of me that I forget about it sometimes! But no regrets.
Isn't that weird how that works? I have some paw prints (also including a paw print with a moon and a paw print with a heart) and a song lyric that catch me by surprise sometimes :lol:

I recently got my latest tattoo in memory of my sister and it is by far my favorite, so when it does catch my eye I stare at it for awhile. It is an old book with leaves and a ribbon holding a key based off of the Book of Lost Things that is in "The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly.
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

I have no tattoos and have no interest in getting any.

I wouldn't say I despise them but I don't see the fascination. I operate on the theory that "would you put a bumper sticker on a Lamborghini or BMW or Maserati or Cadillac?"

My dad had 5 or 6 tattoos. He got them in the Navy. He would go on shore leave, get drunk and get a tattoo. That's what I think of when I see tattoos. Someone must have gotten drunk.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I have none. I've been thinking of getting one, but I'm scared that I'll get tired of it or it will lose significance over time.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
AtomicEye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atomiceye.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by AtomicEye »

I have one for now. A brain with a rose growing out of it. Would love to get a James and the Giant Peach tattoo!
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

I have three tattoos. I've got a black phoenix on my back, that was my first one. On my left upper thigh I have an Avatar the Last Airbender tattoo, with Twi and La the koi fish, the four elements that Iroh drew in the sand for Zuko are around them, in a sort of very simple black drawn white lotus-ish kind of design. Then on my right thigh I have a twin tattoo with my brother Joe. That one is Legend of Zelda. Mine is Ocarina of Time and his is Majora's Mask, as they were kinda twin games released on the N64, and they hold a lot of nostalgia for us both.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Does anyone have book related tattoos?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”