Apart from reading, what other hobbies do you have?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Apart from reading, what other hobbies do you have?

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

Reading is my main one, for sure. But, apart from reading I enjoy music (both playing instruments and singing), I like watching TV shows on Netflix as well as videos on YouTube, I play videogames here and there and I love spending time with my family and friends. So, what other hobbies do you have?
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

Hey, Ashley! I recently started building LEGO sets. My Wife started buying them form me. I also love music, TV, and movies. I’m from Seattle so I’m a huge Seahawks football fan. We also have season tickets to see all the Broadway touring shows. Hope COVID doesn’t mess up our season too much!
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
Anna_TB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-tb.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Anna_TB »

I enjoy stories in every format so, apart from reading, I also like watching series and movies and playing videogames with a strong narrative component (I don't care for the "playing" part, I am really bad at them :lol: ). I enjoy writing as well, but I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to do it much. My other biggest hobby is makeup, especially eyeshadow; I love playing with the colors and seeing all of my palettes together, like little works of art. Lastly, I really like learning languages. I hope you didn't notice, but I am a native Spanish speaker and English is my second language. I also speak Italian, German and a bit of French, and recently started learning Japanese, which I find super interesting! It's definitely time-consuming, but the little wave of happiness that invades you when you're able to understand even a simple message in a different language makes the effort worthwhile.
drwcroaker wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 00:49 I recently started building LEGO sets.
That must be super entertaining! My boyfriend bought a LEGO set for me a couple of years ago and I had a great time building it, but I decided not to buy more of them because I don't have a lot of space in my little flat. I think I need a mansion for all of the hobbies I want to pick up!
angela roura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-roura.html
Latest Review: The Tempter's Bane by Kyle McCurry

Post by angela roura »

I play the saxophone, and I like to make art! I paint, make jewelry, and do ceramics!
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

drwcroaker wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 00:49 Hey, Ashley! I recently started building LEGO sets. My Wife started buying them form me. I also love music, TV, and movies. I’m from Seattle so I’m a huge Seahawks football fan. We also have season tickets to see all the Broadway touring shows. Hope COVID doesn’t mess up our season too much!
That is so cool! It has been a while since I've built any Legos and I remember it being so much fun. I sure hope that your plans aren't ruined.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

Anna_TB wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 09:09 I enjoy stories in every format so, apart from reading, I also like watching series and movies and playing videogames with a strong narrative component (I don't care for the "playing" part, I am really bad at them :lol: ). I enjoy writing as well, but I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to do it much. My other biggest hobby is makeup, especially eyeshadow; I love playing with the colors and seeing all of my palettes together, like little works of art. Lastly, I really like learning languages. I hope you didn't notice, but I am a native Spanish speaker and English is my second language. I also speak Italian, German and a bit of French, and recently started learning Japanese, which I find super interesting! It's definitely time-consuming, but the little wave of happiness that invades you when you're able to understand even a simple message in a different language makes the effort worthwhile.
drwcroaker wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 00:49 I recently started building LEGO sets.
That must be super entertaining! My boyfriend bought a LEGO set for me a couple of years ago and I had a great time building it, but I decided not to buy more of them because I don't have a lot of space in my little flat. I think I need a mansion for all of the hobbies I want to pick up!
Hey, Spanish is also my first language! It is always fun to meet other Spanish speakers. Yo también prefiero los videojuegos con historias, así que si tienes algunas recomendaciones, por favor dímelas jajaja, he estado algo aburrida y podría usarlas. Espero que tus clases de japonés vayan bien, a mi también me gustaría aprenderlo.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

angela roura wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 18:09 I play the saxophone, and I like to make art! I paint, make jewelry, and do ceramics!
Learning the saxophone is a dream of mine, but I am rather petite so I'm afraid of not having enough strength to blow air and make it sound good. You seem like a very talented person!
angela roura
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-roura.html
Latest Review: The Tempter's Bane by Kyle McCurry

Post by angela roura »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 18:10
angela roura wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 18:09 I play the saxophone, and I like to make art! I paint, make jewelry, and do ceramics!
Learning the saxophone is a dream of mine, but I am rather petite so I'm afraid of not having enough strength to blow air and make it sound good. You seem like a very talented person!
Don't worry about not having enough air! It is something you teach yourself- breath control! I have asthma and was still able to learn, it just took longer!
deniseperkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by deniseperkins »

My hobbies include Reading, writing, music, working out, watching movies,and dancing.
Zeejane
Currently Reading: Dawn's Early Light
Bookshelf Size: 843

Post by Zeejane »

Besides reading my biggest hobby is taking care of our 10 pets (+5 bunnies). And then hosting friends for weekend cookouts/boating on the river we live off of.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

I really like watching videos about some characters from books and films. Usually I am interested in some minor characters. They usually are so nice and brave, and more interesting lifestyle then main characters.
madberna
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madberna.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by madberna »

Besides reading, I love watching TV shows, digital drawing, video editing and graphics.
bradybunch84
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: The Secret Garden
Currently Reading: TheHaunted Hour edited by Manson
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by bradybunch84 »

When I am not reading or collecting books, I listen to music. I can spend hours listening to music on youtube. One leads to another, leads to another, etc. Before you even realize it another day has passed! Maybe this isn't such a good hobby.
a wonderful companion in solitude - (a book)
Kayla_Sanders
Currently Reading: Iron Widow
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-sanders.html
Latest Review: Signs in the Rearview Mirror by Kelly Smith

Post by Kayla_Sanders »

My favorite hobbies other than reading are playing video games and working out. They're great hobbies for me.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” – Charles W. Eliot
Anna_TB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-tb.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Anna_TB »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 18:09 Hey, Spanish is also my first language! It is always fun to meet other Spanish speakers. Yo también prefiero los videojuegos con historias, así que si tienes algunas recomendaciones, por favor dímelas jajaja, he estado algo aburrida y podría usarlas. Espero que tus clases de japonés vayan bien, a mi también me gustaría aprenderlo.
¡Encantada de conocerte! ¡Qué genial encontrar a otras hispanohablantes por aquí! :D
Regarding videogames, this summer I've been re-playing my favorite series, Dragon Age. As an RPG, it has a lot of combats, but they're pretty straightforward if you select the easy mode. It's great if you like fantasy and cool stories in which your decisions impact the outcome of the narrative. Now I'm going to start Assassin's Creed 2, which my boyfriend has lent me. Let's see how it goes!

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”