How are you managing the isolation/lockdowns due to Covid19

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Sufi_khan
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

How are you managing the isolation/lockdowns due to Covid19

Post by Sufi_khan »

Hi everyone! With most places under lockdown, it feels unreal, yet we are all in this together. How are you managing?
I have developed a schedule for my family which includes exercise, active discussions, studies, prayers, and teaching the children skills that we normally don't have time for. Please share your ideas.
Stay healthy and stay safe.
pum-pum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pum-pum.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by pum-pum »

For me, am learning how to cook different meals and reading alot
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Studying for my exams which may or may not be happening now thanks to covid-19. But at least I have some spare time to do some light reading 🤓
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
Alyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alyssa »

My life has hardly changed to be honest. My husband still goes to work, I still study (online classes), the only difference is my 8 year old is home all day so it’s more of a challenge to get my schoolwork done. I’m lucky to be hardly impacted by this virus, hope everyone stays safe and wash your hands.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Important

I just saw this on the news:

One of the biggest problems with this mess is not knowing weather or not you are infected. Most people who have the virus feel fine until it strikes .... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY .... since they think they are OK they go out in public and unwittingly disseminate the virus to others and even to family members. Testing stations will not give you the test unless you are showing symptoms which include a combination of fever of at least 100.4 F - 38 C, coughing, headaches and fatigue. If you go to a testing station and you do not have a temperature they will turn you away because they do not have enough test kits. The Brits have determined that another symptom, and one which is easy to note, is that you lose the sense of smell and taste. A local politician said she had lost her sense of taste and smell entirely. Others have said the same thing. Now that would be easy to test at home. If you have this symptom as well as a temperature go and get tested or at very least isolate yourself from others.

* Why Losing Your Sense of Smell Could Be a Symptom of COVID-19
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

DATo wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:22 Important

One of the biggest problems with this mess is not knowing weather or not you are infected. Most people who have the virus feel fine until it strikes .... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY .... since they think they are OK they go out in public and unwittingly disseminate the virus to others and even to family members. Testing stations will not give you the test unless you are showing symptoms which include a combination of fever of at least 100.4 F - 38 C, coughing, headaches and fatigue. If you go to a testing station and you do not have a temperature they will turn you away because they do not have enough test kits. The Brits have determined that another symptom, and one which is easy to note, is that you lose the sense of smell and taste. A local politician said she had lost her sense of taste and smell entirely. Others have said the same thing. Now that would be easy to test at home. If you have this symptom as well as a temperature go and get tested or at very least isolate yourself from others.
Thank you for the info. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Alyssa
Currently Reading:

Post by Alyssa »

DATo wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:22 Important

* Why Losing Your Sense of Smell Could Be a Symptom of COVID-19
Thanks for sharing, I’m glad for the new information. This is why it’s so important to stay home and practice social distancing when you have to go out. I noticed you’re located in the U.S. and I don’t know what it’s like there, but here on the east coast of Canada only essential services are open in the hopes of keeping people home as much as possible.
DATo

Post by DATo »

Alyssa wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 10:58 Thanks for sharing, I’m glad for the new information. This is why it’s so important to stay home and practice social distancing when you have to go out. I noticed you’re located in the U.S. and I don’t know what it’s like there, but here on the east coast of Canada only essential services are open in the hopes of keeping people home as much as possible.
You're welcome. And thanks for not mentioning that I spelled "whether" wrong *LOL* I only noticed that after I saw your response.

Only essential services are open here too in the midwest USA. I think the entire USA is pretty much under lockdown now.

I live near a beautiful park and I go there in the very early morning to walk and get some exercise and fresh air. There is usually no one there or if there is they are so far away that there can be no chance of transmission of the virus.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Alyssa
Currently Reading:

Post by Alyssa »

DATo wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 13:57
Alyssa wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 10:58 Thanks for sharing, I’m glad for the new information. This is why it’s so important to stay home and practice social distancing when you have to go out. I noticed you’re located in the U.S. and I don’t know what it’s like there, but here on the east coast of Canada only essential services are open in the hopes of keeping people home as much as possible.
You're welcome. And thanks for not mentioning that I spelled "whether" wrong *LOL* I only noticed that after I saw your response.

Only essential services are open here too in the midwest USA. I think the entire USA is pretty much under lockdown now.

I live near a beautiful park and I go there in the very early morning to walk and get some exercise and fresh air. There is usually no one there or if there is they are so far away that there can be no chance of transmission of the virus.
Honestly, I didn’t even notice until you mentioned it.
I’m glad to hear you still get some exercise, we have snow down here so the trails aren’t usable right now. I doubt this virus business will be going away anytime soon so stay safe.
DATo

Post by DATo »

One thing I have been doing is educating myself to the names and locations of every country on earth. I have been concentrating on continental countries but am now getting into the island nations of Oceania and the Caribbean.

If you'd like to do the same below is a great website to help you.
https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3167 - This one takes you to the "Asia" map, but at the top of the page are links to other maps.

Also, I have brushed up on the Greek Gods (the 12 Olympians). I have memorized who they are as well as their respective traits, symbols and stories in which they are each personally involved. These names do come up in literature from time to time and are worthy of commitment to memory, besides what else have you got to do with your idle time that is more rewarding than educating yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Olympians (scroll down).
― Steven Wright
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

COVID19 pandemic crisis makes me busy. Thanks for the insightful information guys. Stay safe.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
babemonkey95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babemonkey95.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by babemonkey95 »

Lucky that not much of life changed personally. Other than becoming my kids teacher. We usually do school work at home during school vacations. Also we have lived this lifestyle many of times do to health. We are thankfully to be healthy and together. Hope everyone stay safe and healthy.
ClareSpelick
Favorite Book: Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc
Currently Reading: The Unari Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ClareSpelick »

I'm trying to learn Mandarin. It was my original major, and I switched after my freshman year due to lack of interest. Always slightly regretted it even though my professional track has taken me into law libraries.

I just got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (in Mandarin) delivered today, so I'm excited about going on my childhood journey again in a foreign language.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings

Post by Frannie Annie »

I just read, do reviews, play video games and work out. All the stuff I normally do on my days off, except I'm not going out shopping or visiting anyone.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Our family spend time studying the Bible and praying daily for our nation. We also often watch movies and Asian series.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”