How You Can Help Promote these Forums

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: How You Can Help Promote these Forums

Post by Bighuey »

Anyone under 50 is a kid to me.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
blue_soliloquy
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blue-soliloquy.html

Post by blue_soliloquy »

I have a livejournal account, so I will post a link in there. Livejournal has many other community blogs as well, so I will see if it is okay to put a link in there somewhere, or at least a post letting people know about it.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Still bragging to all my friends about how I am a member of this site. They're jealous.
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Why don't they join?
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ive run into that. Ive told friends about this site, they sound enthused, but dont join.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

That seems weird to me. I joined as soon as I saw it online. And I have not been disappointed at all! :)

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Me neither. Ive been on several forums, but most of them are a bunch of stuck-up jerks. This one everyone is more down-to-earth.

I cant stand Facebook, its mostly a bunch of morons who post the same stuff over and over. Tired sayings and quotes, repetitive pics of their ugly kids, how little Chauncy took his first dump in the toilet and other boring nonsense. The only reason I use it is because of my kids and grandkids. Thats the only way they communicate with me.

This forum is the greatest!
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

What is this Facebook of which you speak? It sounds like a horrible place to reside! I thank thee kindly never to mention this foul kingdom in my presence ever again!

Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I call it Crapbook because thats what it is. Must be something to it, millions use it but I sure dont see it. I must not fit in with the herd. Fitting in, the thought repels me.

Sorry for mentioning it, Ill send it back into the darkness where it belongs.
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

rssllue wrote:That seems weird to me. I joined as soon as I saw it online. And I have not been disappointed at all! :)
Same here! I typed "online book club" into Google (not expecting anything interesting) and this appeared! I didn't want to join at first because I had experience of other forums in which members would argue with each other constantly and it rather discouraged me. But I thought I'd give this one a go, and so far I'm impressed! I love it! :D
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ive been on it for three years and have never been disappointed with it. Sometimes it acts up and dosent work right, but other than that its the best.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

I have to say I think Facebook is on the decline, it doesnt seem half as popular as it was even 2 years ago. Call it the end of the era for FB, or I think Twitter is becoming more popular, but its on the way out in my opinion. In another few years, another social media outlet will have replaced it.
You only live once.....so live!
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Theres too much silliness on Facebook. I dont know about any of the others, but you may be right. I think they are having problems with hackers, stuff like that.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Facebook is the hoopskirt of social media. It is a fad that will soon be replaced by more effective tools that work better than it does and are more user friendly. But I could be wrong, of course.

suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I'd rather be lynched by a wild mob than be bothered w/ " crap-book " / aka " waste-book "
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”