Hobbies

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Linda
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Linda »

awelker wrote:
i love camping. it is probably one of my favorite things in the world to do. i love just sitting in the middle of the woods and being surrounded by nature. i like fishing too. thats what you get for growing up on a lake and your dad taking you with him all the time.
same here! camping is so much fun i love it. and i grew up fishing because I only live 15 minutes from the beach, my dad has a boat too so he always used to take me out on the water.

but i must say i have a terribleeee fear of getting a fishing hook stuck in my foot, as well as coming upon a bear in the wild...which has happened and been terrifying lol
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
Hope

Post by Hope »

Browsing the internet, chatting, reading, writing poetry when I feel like it, Sketching, swimming in the summer :wink: , anything fun really!
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
♥ ♥ ♥
Everything changes.
Ty

Post by Ty »

Frisbee golf, fishing, camping, brewing, dirtbiking, bowling, hunting, raquetball, biking, READING, cooking, hiking, the list goes on. And there are so many things i have yet to try...
8)
CollegeReader

Post by CollegeReader »

Reading, writing, painting/drawing, shopping, camping, wakeboarding, cooking sometimes, movies ... I love just sitting around with friends as well and doing anything spontaneous :)
"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled 'This could change your life'" ~ Helen Exley

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures"
clarebear

Post by clarebear »

Meeting my friends for food and drinks
Watching movies - usually at home - I love the cinema but don't go nearly enough
Listening to music - I spend hours making playlists for listening to at work or in the car or just at home
Surfing the web or playing online games like Majong, pool, card games etc
Cooking

I do go to the gym, usually 3 times a week, but I wouldn't call it a hobby, i do it it of necesity rather than for fun.
"There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." Sylvia Plath
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

Well now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be spending alot of time on the lake, either just taking the boat out or fishing, I love fishing...I can do alot of thinking when I'm fishing, I love night fishing the best, the fish bite really good at night :)
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Star wrote:Well now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be spending alot of time on the lake, either just taking the boat out or fishing, I love fishing...I can do alot of thinking when I'm fishing, I love night fishing the best, the fish bite really good at night :)
I wish I still had my boat...makes me sad. :(
“I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” - Joan of Arc
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

dejona84 wrote:
Star wrote:Well now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be spending alot of time on the lake, either just taking the boat out or fishing, I love fishing...I can do alot of thinking when I'm fishing, I love night fishing the best, the fish bite really good at night :)
I'm sorry you don't have your boat anymore :( I just got mine last summer, I love it...I use to fish off the piers and banks but now I just get in my little boat lol. It helps me to clear my head when I'm out on the water. Water and woods...LOVE EM!! I'm totally a nature girl, I've been like that since I was a wee little girl.
I went out the other night, I was a little bummed and I thought a little boat ride might cheer me up,and it did! I turned the motor off and just drifted, the moon was full and I just sat back and looked up at the sky, it was amazing. Very beautiful.
Wish you lived closer Dejona we would go fishing :D
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

Star wrote:
dejona84 wrote:
I'm sorry you don't have your boat anymore :( I just got mine last summer, I love it...I use to fish off the piers and banks but now I just get in my little boat lol. It helps me to clear my head when I'm out on the water. Water and woods...LOVE EM!! I'm totally a nature girl, I've been like that since I was a wee little girl.
I went out the other night, I was a little bummed and I thought a little boat ride might cheer me up,and it did! I turned the motor off and just drifted, the moon was full and I just sat back and looked up at the sky, it was amazing. Very beautiful.
Wish you lived closer Dejona we would go fishing :D
That would be sweet! :D
dejona84

Post by dejona84 »

I just realize I did not mention my current interest as a hobby. I have been working on my family tree. I have so far been able to trace my family (some of My Husband's) back to 1760. It is quite interesting!
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

I love taking pictures too! Say CHEESE!! Snap! :wink:
walt

Post by walt »

Star wrote:I love taking pictures too! Say CHEESE!! Snap! :wink:
I like taking pictures too, I also hike, camp, snowboard, surf, rollerblade, anything with the water.
blue_diamond21

Post by blue_diamond21 »

I LOVE having a glass of wine (or several) with friends and a good girly gossip, movies and eating out - why stay in when you can pay someone to cook AND wash up?! :P
Don't judge a book by it's cover - not always good advice
Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Photography, abseiling, hiking (most outdoor activities), reading, writing, astronomy, singing, to name a few...
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.
spring

Post by spring »

reading , writing , cooking , walking , watching movies and drinking a lot of coffee :lol:

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”