What's One Thing You Want to Change In the World?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

What's One Thing You Want to Change In the World?

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

I would love to change the ability for people to accumulate massive amounts of wealth. No one man should have $150 billion.
I'd be ok with people being billionaires as long as they: have less than $3 billion, pay some serious taxes, and do philanthropy.
There's no reason for someone to have so much money that they can spend a billion dollars every year on private space exploration and still be growing in net worth.
There are public programs and charities that need funding, billionaires should have to pick up some of that load.

Anyway that's my soapbox on why I really dislike American economics.
madalynn004
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by madalynn004 »

I would love to change the amount of privacy the government has. If you really think about it, there is so much more happening in the world than we know. For example, during the Holocaust, nobody knew about it until after the fatal event. We should have full rights to know everything that is happening in the world. It may put more stress on the average American but in reality, it would keep us way safer and it could maybe lower crime rates. If the government just allowed the people of the United States to voice their opinion on problems in the world they could maybe be fixed in a faster and more efficient way. Too many secrets are help throughout our government and it’s putting us in danger. Another thing is, what if worst came to worst and something terrible happened to everyone running our government ? Who would be the one to step up and know what they’re doing if we know nothing about what actually goes on in the world ? This issue isn’t thought about much or even brought up most of the time but it definitely should be considered more to make the people of America safe.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

It's hard to choose just one. Eradicate illegal drugs and some pharmacudical drugs and their abuse by providers and consumers. End unkindness not to the point of acceptance of things that shouldn't be accepted but to the point of ending ignorance. People who always have an agenda, trying to get something they want, frivolousness.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

The utter destruction of sin would be a great start.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
cyberyamato12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by cyberyamato12 »

to me it's not only just one. every problem that exists on this planet should be solved. for me its not possible to merely disregard all of these problems. everything from human to environmental, spiritual, economic, wars etc.. it seems I'm being affected by all it but for now, there is nothing much I can do to change anything. i can only pray that only if I have the power and wisdom and knowledge and the resources i can solve pretty much everything.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”