John Green's best

Discuss the April 2015 book of the month, "Paper Towns" by John Green.
MK_Lexington
Favorite Book: S.
Currently Reading: The Magician's Nephew
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mk-lexington.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Re: John Green's best

Post by MK_Lexington »

Paper Towns is definitely one of my favorite John Green books, especially because it is a coming to age novel that perhaps many people can relate to when they're on the brink of starting a new chapter in their lives (particularly high school seniors). It discusses the hopes and dreams of normal teens and it doesn't leave out their struggles or anxieties. There's also an ongoing clue hunt in the book, which is probably my favorite part of the plot.

cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: Salt and Pepper by Maria Akhanji

Post by cxsimpson »

When I was reading all his books as a teenager, my favorite was Looking for Alaska by a longshot. I also loved Paper Towns though, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!

Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Barbara Larkin »

Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars rank as my top 2 John Green books. One was excruciating but beautiful pain and the other was comedic teenage suffering and angst. Both were wonderful works.

Wy_Bertram
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Wy_Bertram »

I personally haven't read a lot of John Green's books, I've actually read none (shame), but I certainly did enjoy the adaptations I've seen, most especially Looking for Alaska. I don't know what the book is like, but everything about the series resonated with me. While I watched, I couldn't stop thinking that I wanted – had to write something that made people feel this way, and I guess I'm still working towards that.

ReadMeow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readmeow.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ReadMeow »

I am not typically a fan or romance novels or novels in which romance plays a large role, but John Green does an excellent job of connecting emotionally with his readers and creating very real and distinct characters. I have found things in all of his books that have resonated with me and made me feel very invested in his characters. I also enjoy the lack of perpetually happy endings. It may sound strange but I am not a fan of happy endings for everyone all the time. I think its because that makes It feel like the author is lying and it ruins the reality of the story for me somewhat.

Return to “"Paper Towns" by John Green”