John Green's best

Discuss the April 2015 book of the month, "Paper Towns" by John Green.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: John Green's best

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

It is more than just favorite. I loved it way too much. So amazing!
frowngoclownfish
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: Speaker for the Dead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frowngoclownfish.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by frowngoclownfish »

I could never get into Paper Towns. I tried very hard on many different occasions. As far as John Green's best, I'd say it goes to Turtles All the Way Down. Aza is the most relatable character and the story is amazing.
"I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else."
― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at The End of the Lane
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

The fault in our stars and Paper Towns are my favorite John Green books.
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

My favourite by John Green would be Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars is a close second though. I was hooked and read each of those in one night. Also, I've read there is a series of Looking for Alaska coming out soon, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the book
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Ak1412 »

I may have liked Papertowns better than The Fault in Ours Stars. I absolutely loved both. The Fault in Our Stars was more emotional obviously, but the storyline of Papertowns was slightly more interesting.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

The first work of John Green I read was a holiday romance collection called "Let it snow", co-authored with two others. After this, I loved his writing and read "Looking for Alaska" and "Paper Towns". "An abundance of Katherines", "Will Grayson Will Grayson" and "Turtles all the way down" are in my TBR pile.
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.
reecemychael
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by reecemychael »

I havent read all of John Green's books. Ive read quite a few though, and I'd have to say the best is a tie between Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns for me. Both are fantastic books, and I've reread them both a few times just because I love them so much.
WardahEbrahim
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wardahebrahim.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by WardahEbrahim »

I preferred The Fault in Our Stars, but Paper Town is great as well, and I would definitely read it again. John Greens books are best in the Winter with a cup of tea.
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I absolutely adore The Fault In Our Stars, but Paper Towns is a close second. I am constantly impressed by John Greenś writing style and find myself lost in the emotional story every time. The road trip and the realness of the characters definitely make this book high on my list though.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
racelaine
Currently Reading: Dangerous Legacy
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-racelaine.html
Latest Review: Aftermath by Charles Williams

Post by racelaine »

Looking for Alaska, hands down is my favorite. The emotional journey felt very real to me, and it hit me hard. I enjoyed Paper Towns, the way it wound on was very hooking. It's my second favorite of his. The Fault in Our Stars is a close third.
dianaatilano
Currently Reading: Eleanor and Park
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by dianaatilano »

John Green always amazes me in his storytelling skills. Every book offers something different to his reader, and for that I am very grateful. From an Abundance of Kathrines, which is about a boy and his journey through heartbreak and coming up with a Theorem to solving his relationship slumps- to the mystery and suspense of Looking for Alaska. Maybe I'm going on a stretch, but I can definitely relate to a lot of these characters and connect with them emotionally, and I admire John Greens for that. The Fault in 0ur Stars was really a hit for me. I became so engrossed in the reading that I finished the book in one sitting.

Even though I've never experience certain situations, I could still connect with the character and imagine the pain and heartache and that's why reading and writing so beautiful. Having such diverse forms of writing, that may not be for everyone, can be very difficult to achieve, but I applaud him for creating such amazing books that I can read over and over and still cry every time. There is something for everyone when reading books from John Green, I don't believe they get repetitive or contain the same plot like someone people assume. Though I'm a bit late, I'm excited to start Turtles All the Way Down :techie-studyingbrown:
Benthic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benthic.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by Benthic »

John green was one of the first authors I read in the the young adult genre. Earlier I used to frown upon young college romances and I didn't really care about it. My first John green book was definitely Fault in the stars because of the phenomenon it was. The story was definitely good but it really did not sit well with me but I loved the writing style of the author. Then I tried Looking for Alaska and from then on its been a mission of mine to read every promising young adult book there is. I was so captivated with Looking For Alaska, I read Paper Towns, An abundance of Katherine's, Will Grayson, Let it snow and ofcourse Turtles all the way down and it's been a treat.

Coming to Paper Towns, Margo's thoughts about the city being a paper town resonated so deeply within me that along with Quentin I really wanted to find what had happened to her. I was really intrigued and was expecting a LFA mishap and was glad when it was over. It's really opened a door for me that has shown me something which never made me regret choosing this genre.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Not sure about his best but I am sure An Abundance of Katherines is one of his worst :P
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

My favourite John Green books in order are Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars then Paper Towns. The only other book written by him I've read is An Abundance of Katherines, which I did enjoy. The common theme in his books I like picking apart is the idealization of love interests and John Green breaking these Mary Sue characters down and showing us their basic human selves.
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

All of John Green's books are great but my favorite is Looking for Alaska.

Return to “"Paper Towns" by John Green”