What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Amo Ayebea Gifty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by Amo Ayebea Gifty »

This poem is practically telling us to live life in a peaceful way without forcing ourselves to get to a limit. Very inspiring
Debra Barringer

Post by Debra Barringer »

What a powerful message! I shared it with my granddaughter who is going through a rough patch right now. She said "Thank you. That really makes sense and makes a lot of things clearer for me." I'll take that as a win!
Debra Barringer

Post by Debra Barringer »

My favorite takeaway message is for my granddaughter: To love and appreciate, without jealousy, cowardly possessiveness, or controlling anger.

What a powerful message! I shared it with my granddaughter who is going through a rough patch right now. She said "Thank you. That really makes sense and makes a lot of things clearer for me." I'll take that as a win!
sashana white

Post by sashana white »

This is surely a great poem ...its not focused on one topic or individual..but when you read it there is something that everyone can relate to ....very nice
Deborah Pitts

Post by Deborah Pitts »

Very very relatable Poem. 3rd to last line got me,"to Acheive ultimate inner peace without having to first suffer ultimate outer devastation".... So deep..
Jeffrey Donguines
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffrey-donguines.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jeffrey Donguines »

I like the poem as it points out the boundaries we should set for our human existence. It creates a life of contentment despite of and to be alive abundantly. Lastly, it tells us that we must celebrate life with the things we can not change.
Yonique Lee

Post by Yonique Lee »

Amazingly done, I feel strength and growth coming from the poet. "To live as mortal as a human without becoming only human" and "to set boundaries without crossing boundaries" takes a strong individual to say I won't do this because it's crossing my boundary and I won't do this because it's crossing other's boundary. I see a great poet and a great human, in the subconscious mind to be created physically. Apart of growth is choosing who you want to be and to also decide who you don't want to be and Scott Hughes is a clear on both side.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I thought of the serenity prayer when I read this: "God please give me the ability to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference."
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Ranklin Dennis

Post by Ranklin Dennis »

Excellent, wide-ranging and inspiring poem which gives my heart a lift. Many lines spoke to me directly, e.g. To pick your battles stingily, but fight the battles you pick...'. I love it.
Sherelle Alcock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherelle-alcock.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Sherelle Alcock »

I always find poems to be a very personal piece of writing, where the author more than anything needs to understand their thoughts and feelings. I hope that is what you achieved writing this poem. There is beauty is simplicity and that was this piece. :D
Droephenu Michael Ryan

Post by Droephenu Michael Ryan »

To have fun in this life without addiction, attachment or desperate clinging is a powerful statement. I think everyone should read this poem, especially the youth who now have fun only by addiction, attachment or desperate clinging. A perfect piece
Daisy Ogbe
Currently Reading:

Post by Daisy Ogbe »

It is a great piece of poetry , very inspiring, but I feel like these phrase, to be kind but not dishonest doesn't rhyme or make sense, it should be , to be kind but not take oneself for granted something like that
Suzanne Holman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Suzanne Holman »

Beautiful. I would read this every day to remind myself what Grace is and isn't. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful poem. It is truly much appreciated.
~Suzi :techie-studyinggray:
Tapiwanashe Tichiwangana

Post by Tapiwanashe Tichiwangana »

Well written , a clear depiction of what we experience daily.
Shalvine Shanzu 1

Post by Shalvine Shanzu 1 »

Very relatable poem especially the last piece, To choose to turn your life around before its too late and there is no life to turn around, it has motivated me today

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”