The Heart breaker 1

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Obama01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Icon The Heart breaker 1

Post by Obama01 »

HEART BREAKER(1)

This beautiful lady,with eyes as blue as
the ocean,fessed up to me;that she was falling out of love.
It was difficult to
put two and two together.
We were just having dinner and drinks on a weekend,how long was this feeling festering in my mind before she finally let it all out?
Time dragged along with the searing hurt out stretching itself inside me like a gaping wound.
The clock struck midnight and it was time to leave,as we stepped outside;the December cold caught me by surprise but like old times,she didn't take my hand and put in her jacket to tame.
This was happening,the breakup was real and in my head,maybe a mistake like an unhinged dam: my emotions took over.
"It is really late, can I take you home"?
Sure-with a sharp response,joy gladdened my heart to hear of such affirmation
The Uber ride home was quiet,both of us sniffling at an arm's distance.
In total assurance that her heart had given in but the mind still static like the Statue of Liberty,patience was the only virtue I had left.
In a slow but steady movement,we were off to the doorstep;and as my heartbeat fastened,the sentence of the soul broke out "I love you" steering directly to her gentle eyes.
Eagerness to listen to the reply of restoration came; but it was swept pass by like the waves tormenting the sand in the desert.
"Just don't bother,it's over. i just need space" she said calmly,but such calmness has shattered my life like a time bomb blasted within me.
Questions aroused''
How do I start beckoning for forgiveness of the unknown?
What did I do?
Is this truly the relationship,I was acquainted to?
Tears drop,heart stop,dejection Pierce like an injection
My feet staggered in dismay for the journey back home is off no return.
In desperation I ponder and wonder,who has put asunder?

Laying on a bed whose height was about 3ft,my eyes kept moping at the square box ceiling
Those words wouldn't stop reoccurring "just don't bother,it's over"

#Ujah
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

"In desperation, I ponder and wonder, who has put asunder?" This is my favorite line. This poem is very sad and reflects the feelings that one might feel going through a break-up. You expressed these sentiments very well. Good job!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”