What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Valerie Utnage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-utnage.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Icon Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by Valerie Utnage »

Beautifully done
Tamoni Stringer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tamoni Stringer »

This poem is amazing . It shows the balance of great quality traits to have .
Brianna Davenport 3

Post by Brianna Davenport 3 »

I think this poem is well written. It's about the inevitable balance that individuals need in order to live a happy life. With too little of a certain quality, people would fall short; with too much of another quality, they'd be overpowering. Life is about balance, and figuring out how everything fits into place is the ultimate test. Nice job.
Ruth Mercedesse V
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-mercedesse-v.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Ruth Mercedesse V »

There is a whole panopply of words to describe the meaning of Grace, and the author did it superbly, he transported me, there is no other words, for this beautiful poem : " PERFECTION ". BRAVO.
Deasia Thompson Thompson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deasia-thompson-thompson.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Deasia Thompson Thompson »

This poem was confusing and intriguing while drawing me in to read the next line. Although it does represent balance, it also represents disaster. Kinda like to be one thing without being the whole thing or having add-ons. I love the poem as it represents what being human actually is.
Henry Quansah

Post by Henry Quansah »

Nice work. It's all about life, vividly portrayed. Yes Grace.
Clara Crutcher

Post by Clara Crutcher »

I think that you poem is quite empowering. It is clearly well written and had much time taken in writing it. I enjoy when people share how the feel in a poetic sense and “What Grace Means to Me” is a perfect example.
Sana Mohammed 1

Post by Sana Mohammed 1 »

The ultimate desires!
Irene Pillay

Post by Irene Pillay »

:tiphat: i think this really depicts the soull feelings of what most of us battle with in our daily lives. This poem gives is a reflection of our lives and a hope for better days ahead.
Grace Chishiri

Post by Grace Chishiri »

Its a masterpiece and has great value towards us all. This poem explains everything in our daily lives and how we can do better without being mean and arrogant
pradip bhatia
Currently Reading:

Post by pradip bhatia »

"What Grace Means to Me" is a short poem that beautifully captures the essence of God's grace. In just five stanzas, Hughes manages to convey the depth and breadth of God's love, forgiveness, and mercy.

The poem begins by describing grace as a gift, something that we do not deserve but is freely given to us. This is a powerful reminder of the unconditional love that God has for us. We are not perfect, but God loves us anyway.

The second stanza speaks of grace as a choice. We can choose to accept God's love and forgiveness, or we can choose to reject it. When we choose to accept God's grace, we are choosing to live in love and forgiveness. This is a choice that we must make each and every day.

The third stanza describes grace as a journey. It is not a destination that we reach once and for all. It is a lifelong process of growing in our understanding of God's love and forgiveness. This journey is not always easy, but it is one that is worth taking.

The fourth stanza speaks of grace as a mystery. We cannot fully understand how God's grace works, but we can experience it in our lives. We can see it in the love of our family and friends, and in the beauty of the world around us. Even though we may not fully understand it, we can still be grateful for God's grace.

The fifth and final stanza describes grace as a miracle. It is the power of God at work in our lives. It is the hope of salvation and the promise of eternity. Grace is a powerful force that can change our lives in amazing ways.

"What Grace Means to Me" is a beautiful and moving poem that is sure to touch the hearts of all who read it. It is a reminder of the power of God's grace and the hope that it brings to our lives.

Here are some additional thoughts on the poem:

The poem uses simple language that is easy to understand.
The poem is full of imagery that helps the reader to visualize God's grace.
The poem is emotionally evocative and leaves the reader feeling uplifted and hopeful.
Overall, "What Grace Means to Me" is a well-written and inspiring poem that is sure to be enjoyed by readers of all ages.
Kerepa Mallick

Post by Kerepa Mallick »

It is literally very good ,teaching us the importance of everything, balancing everything
Very thoughtful, appraisal to the author
Tee Oceans

Post by Tee Oceans »

"what Grace means to me"
A calm piece of writing that get's you thinking about the choices we make and how we live.
I like how it does not attack any specific personalities yet makes one think about the way they live and makes us appreciate the love we've been given by God.
shadell smart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadell-smart.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by shadell smart »

This piece is quite refreshing and authentic. Reading the poem gives me a sense of balance and encourages me to embrace life. It is well written
Nelly Okwanyo

Post by Nelly Okwanyo »

Very educative and encouraging words ...To choose to make where you are now your personal rock bottom before hitting actual rock bottom.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”