Holes in the pyramids

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
snoggons
Bookshelf Size: 0

Holes in the pyramids

Post by snoggons »

I have just found out that there are previously unknown voids in the pyramids. This must be something the grave robbers missed! Evidently our bodies, your pet dog, the goldfish and the pyramids along with everything else on earth are bombarded at the speed of light (so you can’t catch them) with particles from cosmic rays called MUONS. Sounds like a sci-fi plot, but it is very real. These muons can be caught by tomography so the process is called Muography. (What else would you expect) Sounds complicated but it is simpler than a Brownie box camera. Aluminum plates a couple of feet square are arranged like a tile floor under the area to be “muoned” and then covered with a sensitive emulsion and left for a month or so and then collected to see what got caught. If the muons’ traces are very densely packed, this suggests that they did not have to penetrate as much pyramid as other areas of the plates that are much less activated. VOILA. The inescapable conclusion that there is an area above that is void of rock. This is further corroborated by using 3 D technology to confirm the size and shape of the void. It would appear that old Khufu had a trick or two up his sleeve to foil the aquisitive in his midst. This is all very interesting but not too exciting until they break into these empty spaces to see who or what may be lurking there.
The more urgent question to be faced is what is happening to your body that is being impermissably penetrated by these muon invaders from outer space? Are we being slowly spongified by alien technology? Is this the true source of inevitable ageing, and not the martinis we indulged in in our youth? Could this be the true source of some people being able to say “I can see right through you” Are there muon sensitive people who can do that? If so, it is no wonder that I struck out with Amy Gilder in high school. So much of the universe we don’t know, so much to learn, and only a finite amount of time to do it!
I so wanted to see the final outcome of the movement of the techtonic plates. I suppose it was too much to ask for. Better days are coming, Cheers, Jack

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”