The AD group

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Artifacs
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 5

The AD group

Post by Artifacs »

"So you think I'm funny? Well, go to hell! All of you!" shouted M to the group.

Dr. Kellogs put a reassuring hand over his shoulder: "It's all right, M. Nobody here said anything. You haven't told us your story yet."

"Oh," said M, looking embarassed.

Suddenly, F stood up. Looked down at P on his chair beside hers and said in a creepy low voice: "Is that so? Why did you ask me out then?"

P look up at her startled.

Dr. Kellogs acted quickly: "F, please, P didn't say anything. Rule four, close your eyes, sit down and breathe slowly."

F droped on her chair as Dr. Kellogs spoke quitely to the group.

"Rule three. We're going to listen M's story. He's joining the group today, ok?"

L hunched on his chair and covered his face with his hands, mumbling something incomprehensible.

Dr. Kellogs turned to M with a smile and moved a hand to give him the floor: "Please, M, tell us what happened."

M look around the circle of chairs, closed his eyes and started talking as Dr. Kellogs kept an eye on the group.

"I was in the kitchen with B. B is my wife."

L whispered through his hands: "She hates when you call her B," his voice died gradually.

"What?" asked M, confused.

"Please, go on, M," said Dr. Kellogs.

"Ok. Anyway, she was making breakfast and I asked her to make me a sandwich because I was in a hurry..."

"Did she make you a sandwidch?", asked Dr.Kellogs

"No. I wasn't in the kitchen anymore."

"I see. Where were you, M?"

"I was going into the kitchen, again. She was making breakfast and we argued."

"And that scene kept repeating over and over?"

"Yes," M look at Dr. Kellogs. "Until I shouted to her that all I wanted is a sandwidch. Then I was on the couch. She was still sleeping."

The door opened and a head poked in: "Dr. Kellogs?, Director office, now."

Dr. Kellogs stood and spoke to the group: "All right, rule two. watch each other. I'll be back in a minute."

Dr. Kellogs came in the Director office.

"Ah, Good morning, Frank. Take a sit," said the Director, behind his desk.

Dr. Kellog didn't move: "Why did you call me in the middle of a session?."

"Session, hu?" he look up at him, "How's the AD group doing?"

"Just fine. What is it?", shooted Dr. Kellogs.

"The Army, Frank. It's taking over the program, Some General thinks your Anticipation Disorder is some sort of...clairvoyance skill or something."

Dr. Kellogs said nothing.

"They want the group to be transfered by the end of the day."

"So you think I'm funny? Well, go to hell! All of you!" shouted M to the group.

Dr. Kellogs stood up and spoke quietly to the group.

"Listen up. Rule one, remember our secret warehouse? Get out of here and meet me there."

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”