TORGBO

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Rhozel1
Bookshelf Size: 0

TORGBO

Post by Rhozel1 »

Torgbo screamed as the pain run right through his brain, it was intense. That must have been a very big rod, he whimpered. His feet bled, the cut must be really deep, but he couldn’t stop, at least not now. He looked back to see if they were still coming. He had been running all night, the darkness was hostile. He could see the eyes that watched him, they flickered as he dragged himself by. He shivered at the thought of what else could be in that thicket. Fear gripped him as he remembered what he had been running away from, he could see Kuma way ahead of him as the moon’s light revealed his frame.

Hahahahaha. Kuma laughed! That’s pretty easy, but you’ve got to be tough man. Torgbo looked down at his shoes, embarrassed, Kuma had always been the perfect guy. I know Torgbo, I understand. I’ve been patient, knowing you surely will come in someday. I’m only surprised it took you this long. Well, it’s ok, what are friends for? That’s why I’m here man, welcome to the gang! Kuma said hitting him on the shoulder.
Early the next morning, Torgbo was ready to make that trip they had planned the previous night. He waited in anticipation under the mango tree. From a distance he could already see lanterns of light from the huts across the field, obviously day was breaking. He could hear faint sounds of footsteps, already headed for the farms. Whatever was Keeping Kuma, he thought to himself.
Hey! He turned, as he felt that hard thump on his shoulders. I’m glad you made it, Kuma said.
It was solemn as the young men rode to their hideout in a distant village. Torgbo kept himself company with thoughts of new clothes and shoes, and of course the kind of phone Kuma had. He hated to think his parents couldn’t afford all those. Hungry and tired, we’re here Torgbo heard in his sleep, Kuma shouted excitedly. The plans Kuma had shared with him of robbing the villagers travelling back from the usual weekly market tomorrow night was still on course. The 4 other guys, quite his age too, 17, 18 or even 19, he thought, were already waiting. They sat, ate and planned! It felt awkward.
Tomorrow night it is, Akwesi one of the guys said in his deep baritone voice.

Torgbo’s strength was finally failing him, he was losing so much blood, his leg hurt unimaginably. He could hear the heavy sounds of their feet, getting closer. His heart beat was thunderous as he dragged himself on, praying silently, God save me!
He screamed as another pain hit the already bleeding leg, such great pain it was! It was the vigilante, they had fired a shot at him. They apparently had gotten wind of the attack, and were ready for the gang of armed robbers that had been a terror to the entire community of villages.
Greed oh greed, see how you have ruined me he muttered, as his body collapsed at their mercy. He couldn’t see Kuma or any of the other guys, none to his aid. As he wriggled in pain, his consciousness fading, he felt the splash of water all over him. Wake up! He heard Kuma say shaking him vigorously. That was when he realised he had slept off, and had journeyed to dream land. It had felt so real! How glad he was that it had only been a dream.
Still shaken, he looked on at Kuma and then the other gang members as he quietly pulled his bag, and made his way to the door, not caring about the bits of water dripping from his clothes. He suddenly was content with what he had, he couldn’t care about all the vanity.
What if his dream came true…..

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”