Silent Screams .

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
rebel reads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Silent Screams .

Post by rebel reads »

Who can you run to when you need help ? sh*t smudges , grease dots , roach antennas , fly eggs yeah it’s becoming aggravating at this point . I’m raising 2 young children in apartment filled with mold , every day is just everyday , no excitement , nothing to look forward to just expectancy that you may have to wash off ya toe from the sh*t you stepped in earlier. You have a dog because you wanted to bring joy into the miserable life that now owns you, but to what avail ? Just another responsibility, another mouth that needs to be fed , another tear that is shed because of the malnutrition.. begging eyes for just another crumb but the roaches finished that .. What have I done ? It all goes back to when my my hand reached for the frying pan, which landed on my son forehead .. why ? Because I was irate and still not right within . My nail beds are defiled but maybe one day I’ll get to them. I’ve been afraid to walk in the sun, for they will see the gulk from my eyelids from the night before . Shower might help ? But then I will feel overwhelmed, cause I have to put back on the shitty clothes I had from years ago that barely fit . My stomach pokes out .. which I can’t understand why, it’s not like I had 3 full course meals but yet I get bigger. Holes on my body from the pimples I enjoy diggin out .. that sounds that resonates from deep within when I make it pop makes me cringe a bit but also I enjoy. A horrible smells comes from my insides that my kids lay up under and adapt their little sense to because I haven’t mustered up the strength to put my body into the water . Washing away all the struggle from the day that I chose to raise my hand and hit my son with the frying pan .. money comes and money goes I’ve never seen it sit in a jar for so long because greedy hands always seem to reach in it . As long as I got a pot to piss in I should just count my blessings ? Or maybe I should live more like the dog that just pee and shits on the floor that’ll probably make me feel better , knowing I have someone to pick it up for me .. I am a prisoner inside of my own home, don’t have anyone I can call on..
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

Every poor mom, every day, everywhere...You captured it well.
Comfort Ansah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort-ansah.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort Ansah »

This is the sad reality for some people living in poverty and with no.escape out of it the wallow in self-pity daily and this is traumatizing when kids or animals are in the picture. Nice write up. You can develop on it.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”