Read Me Please

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
christine856
Currently Reading: Jurisdiction Denied
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine856.html

Read Me Please

Post by christine856 »

I recently wrote this for a college class I'm taking just want feedback and what you think. Subject of assignment was write a personal memoir.

Him/He
Lord in Heaven,
You know my heart’s desire. You are not blind to my sins. You are not deaf to my prayers. You have allowed me to witness Your power by showing me a miracle and I listened. Give me the strength to keep faith that You will allow another one. I ask You to guide me because I am lost. I know I have not always listened to the words You have spoken to me because I have ignored them or seen what You have tried to show me because I looked the other way but I do now. Help me balance out my duties so I can fulfill my destiny that You have given me. Provide me with the strength because I am weak. And if my destiny is what I feel in my heart allow me the opportunity to serve You Lord. Take away any doubt. Provide peace and direction. Help lead me back towards my path because I have wondered away from it. Think You for the time you have already provided, allow me more time to accomplish what I was put here to do. I have failed in so many things help me to triumphant in this. You have taken from me and I considered it punishment but now I know that You did it for me to believe. I believe in You Lord. You have had much patience with me and now it is my turn to have patience and I shall wait because I have faith in You Lord. Help me to fight my demons allow me the wisdom to win this battle because they try to lead me form You and without You I cannot witness the miracle I desire.
Amen

When I wrote this prayer to God he was still he. I was trying to understand and figure out how everything would end. Not believing that it could end with he becoming a him. I still had hope that he would beat the monster that came and took over our lives. A monster that was uncontrollable and unpredictable. All he and I could do was pray and fight to keep everything going but in the end none of that mattered.
Before the monster he was so happy. His smile, the same smile my son gives me every day, was so beautiful. He was my everything, my protector, always making sure everything was alright. He was strong always ready for the next challenge. He was my life and I loved everything he offered.
Then the monster came. I remember the doctor coming in and telling him how strong he was but never telling us anything. We thought everything was fine. But, then the hospital social worker came in and everything went downhill from there. I should have known in the beginning how serious it was, so serious that the doctor didn’t even have the heart to tell us. But there always hope right.
The pain took so much out of him that we had no choice, the doctors told him that the test would help them understand exactly what the monster was and how best to treat it. So after all the test they told him it was pancreatic cancer, that where it was at, surgery was not an option for him and chemo would help him with the pain. We didn’t understand everything, we had hope.
The first time the monster killed him I prayed right there beside him while doctors and nurses brought him back to life. God answered my prayers and after 2 weeks we got to go home. This was in July 2017 and within the next year I would really see how this monster would slowly turn the he who I loved so dearly into the him that fought so hard not to be him but he.
July 4, 2017 was when I truly lost him. I worked in hospitals and I’ve watch elderly people say goodbye to their soul mate. I never would have thought I would have to say goodbye to mine at the age of 28. No words can explain the journey of this cancer disease that took him away from me. Nothing was easy the only thing that was, was my love for him.
I know when something like this happens it makes one question God. I never did if anything it brought me closer to God. My faith is the strongest it has ever been. I know longer need proof or a sign. Death, to much pain, changed me.
NissiHol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by NissiHol »

It has a few grammatical errors here and there but overall seems pretty decent.
christine856
Currently Reading: Jurisdiction Denied
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine856.html

Post by christine856 »

Think u
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Written with great passion! You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
anitamills293
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitamills293.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by anitamills293 »

Apart from some mistake, it's quite good.
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

Kindly edit Line number 6 from top sentence. You wrote Think you, instead of Thank you. But, it doesn't make me unlike this Prayer because it's very nice.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”