- Posts: 82
- Joined: 13 Jul 2019, 06:44
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
- Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
- Bookshelf Size: 10
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
- Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)
It felt so unreal, walking beside you. Looking at those eyes I’d only ever seen in pictures. Here you were with me, I wish I could keep you.
We made it to the rental, a sleek black two door. In one swift motion without a hint of struggle you lifted my suitcase into the trunk. With one hand on the door handle and resting gently on my lower back you ushered me into the passenger side.
Every moment of that drive I fell more for you. From hearing your laugh in person to you correctly guessing my favorite song, I knew I’d made the right choice. It was a risk to chase you, a lot of people I had to go through.
We made it to your hotel room. You opened the door and apologized profusely, your friends aren’t always this messy. I placed my hand on your shoulder, it was no big deal. I was so happy to see you. The setting didn’t matter.
We spent the day laughing. Playing games with your friends and telling ridiculous stories. We ate lunch at a local diner and bonded over tacos for dinner. When I asked what song reminded you of me you sat across from me and played it on your guitar.
I’d never lived such a warm and sincere night. Never had I been so thankful. I sat in that black hoodie just holding your hand while your friends asked me about my plans. Could I tell them stealing you or was it too soon.
We kissed just as the sun set on the horizon.
This kind of happiness it was saved for fairytales and movie scenes. How did I end up here? How did everything end up so perfect?
The sappy romance movie I had just picked out started as I curled up to your bare chest. I placed my ear to your heart just to hear its beat. Your warm arm wrapped around me, holding me close. You placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. I hoped you loved me because I sure as hell loved you.
This night was amazing. I looked once more into your soft hazel eyes. I could live it forever.
And like that I was awake, home again in my apartment.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 19 Aug 2019, 10:28
- 2019 Reading Goal: 20
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 150
- Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
- Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
- Bookshelf Size: 48
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
- Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
- Reading Device: B00I15SB16