No COWARD

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Peace2019
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

No COWARD

Post by Peace2019 »

How realistic is this, writing or should I say typing something you don’t think people might read. I believe I just developed this act overnight but that ain’t right. Again, thing with being loyal to the colonial masters. Sorry dudes, wherever you are, at least your children are still faithful to your thing. Any way back to the reason for this, no that is not right. I didn’t just start this over the night. I have been writing diaries since my JSS 1 and in actual truth from then till now, I still hate having to write the long note. I really hate it. So I think now that typing is much better. Speaking would have been better if I could just obediently follow the pronunciation and vocabulary of the colonial masters to Google microphone but nope, I ain’t got that right. Maybe later, I can work on that but for now I stick to my Nigerian English. And well, even though I don’t speak pidgin, I still think it is okay to understand it. So writing this is funny. Do you know I am writing this without a particular theme? Too bad! You must have felt like you were wasting your time! Sorry! Don’t laugh too much! And if you have gotten upset, don’t. Loosing up! Be free. Any way, I want to tell you that though right now you are living a purposeless-driven life. Thinking to yourself; I hurt no one, I owe no one, I don’t care about what about others think. Just as I have written this with such intentions only to actually place an effect on you, so it is with the life you are living. Even if you think no one cares or no one ought to care, you are doing it for yourself and to yourself only that is not true. Others see it, live with you, bear with you. You have an impact on the people around you. No one cares about what you say, yet the restaurant whose waiter or waitress don’t even know you, get an extra income when you purchase anything. Or, you who because of your actions, the cops or police have to check the neighborhood as often as possible. Letting others live in fear and you think to yourself you owe no one??? And what about yourself? Don’t you think you owe yourself some peace, laughter, courage, good commitment, hope, faith? Strength in times of your weaknesses, joy in times of mourning and sorrows, faith and victory in times of tests and trials. But you might even say to yourself, what does these even mean? This is the more reason you owe it to yourself. I could only write this to let you see that you do matter, yes maybe not to everyone but above yourself there is truly someone who does cares. Okay, there was a time you trusted in Him but He let you down and others too let you down. Beloved, that isn’t true. It was what you were made to think. I have been in times when I thought He didn’t care severally. Almost gave up and told myself I would live my life like no one could ever judge me. But I was wrong… I lingered a little longer and have found there is truly a Great GOD. He does care unlike I was led to believe in difficult times. I will beg you to try and linger and be hopeful in GOD a little more. The water bubbles more when it is close to the boiling point but it becomes calm when it gets there. GOD cares, JESUS truly cares. A true saying goes like this:
Only one person can stop you from achieving GREATNESS, that person is YOU!
Only we individually can accept Christ to help us out from all wrongs going on in our lives. He can never force His ways or Light on us. We have to be willing. And even for we who are already Christians, when we sing to Him to Overwhelm and flood us uncontrollably, that only happens because we ourselves have become willing. How much more you who are yet to believe or accept His presence? I guess we could have said He is a complete gentleman (smiles) but fortunately GOD is not a man, or who knows how many of us will be spared alive to live if He was man? I would have died and be reborn more than a thousand times if we could reincarnate (lol). Anyway, what we are saying is that, JESUS our LORD is merciful and committing suicide or drinking your life out or smoking the weeds would never solve the problems or taking vengeance on the infuriating being will not redeem the past or appease you or the person or item you lost. Even after doing all these, you would still be lost and hopeless in pain. It will never go again. If you know anyone like that, you could ask them. They would tell you. If you kill yourself, then you are the most selfish being on earth no matter the cause. I know it is hard and I can never understand what you have been through yet think of others who go through the same and even worse… your reply to them will be ‘ if you can’t pay your debt and you want to help you family, kill yourself or if you don’t think anyone cares about you, kill yourself or I know, if it feels like the whole world hates you, kill yourself or what about this one, I am a burden to those around me, so I…… kill myself. COWARD!!!! Even if all hope is lost, live. Even if the ones you love most want you dead, live. Even if you have debt to pay, live. Put JESUS to test. Take courage! Stand on feet and say LORD JESUS, I challenge you to prove yourself as GOD. I don’t know you as GOD but I will summon the last fibre or cell of hope I think I have got left. Prove now that you are GOD and all others are false. So I can truly live and let others see that you are the Light, Resurrection and Life. That you are real! That you do care about this woman or man that I am. I summon courage that you told me to have. Is it not written in your word, “I am the GOD of all flesh, there is nothing difficult for me to do.” Also, “the LORD is not a man that He should lie, nor the Son of man that He should be tempted. Has He spoken and will not do it? Has He said and will not perform?” Thank you LORD. I know you have heard me. I await your glory so I can testify.
I am happy you have become determined to see His Light. I am really sure He would let you down. Stay strong no matter what, okay! Remember empty barrels make the loudest noise. Those challenges and the consequences of your mistakes can not continue to rule you when the LORD JESUS comes in. Fear not and take courage! He has already done as you have asked. I surely await your testimonies. May His Spirit be with you. AMEN!
:D
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

This went from a simple reflection to a call and a form of praise. I love it. Keep it up.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
TLWoodliff
Currently Reading: No Pit So Deep
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by TLWoodliff »

A quirky beginning with a stream-of-consciousness vibe led to something else entirely.

I see your passion in your words. Perhaps a more personalized segment after the opening that SHOWS what you want the reader to understand, instead of being told what they should do might be helpful.

Share a moment when you were off your feet and found the strength to rise, instead of telling the reader that if they feel this way, they are a coward. Help the reader understand this experience you talk about, but, in the end, didn't share.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”