Children Story: How to Be a Good Big Sibling

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Amagine
Bookshelves Moderator
2017 Reading Goal: 400
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Bookshelf Size: 740
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 60&t=53269" class="postlink">"Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald</a>
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Children Story: How to Be a Good Big Sibling

Post by Amagine » 31 Oct 2017, 22:34

Njengnjoro wrote:Great work of art, evoked a lot of emotions.
Thank you! :D
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown

PaeonkaE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PaeonkaE » 22 Nov 2017, 11:47

This poem is covering a field which usually gets forgotten in the big tumult of preparing the coming of a new baby in the house. The bigger siblings get immediately in the shadows and all the adult attention is focused on the new comer. (This I speak from experience as a bigger sibling.) It is very hurting and bitter for all the older children to lose the parents attention and admiration in a moment and as if get forgotten. They think to be less important and less loved. This story is a nice example how one may prepare the older children in the family to understand the big event and get a part of it. My best recommendations!

Amagine
Bookshelves Moderator
2017 Reading Goal: 400
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Bookshelf Size: 740
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 60&t=53269" class="postlink">"Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald</a>
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine » 27 Nov 2017, 00:23

PaeonkaE wrote:This poem is covering a field which usually gets forgotten in the big tumult of preparing the coming of a new baby in the house. The bigger siblings get immediately in the shadows and all the adult attention is focused on the new comer. (This I speak from experience as a bigger sibling.) It is very hurting and bitter for all the older children to lose the parents attention and admiration in a moment and as if get forgotten. They think to be less important and less loved. This story is a nice example how one may prepare the older children in the family to understand the big event and get a part of it. My best recommendations!
Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it! :D ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown

CambaReviewer
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 32
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading: Sandy's Story
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cambareviewer.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by CambaReviewer » 13 Feb 2018, 07:24

This was awesome!! Please consider publishing as a picture book. I think it will easily find its way into lots of family bookshelves and would make a good new baby gift for older siblings. I liked it very much! Well done!

Monee1995
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Monee1995 » 14 Feb 2018, 18:07

This was a heart warming reading. I loved how you were preparing he or she for their new sibling by explaining something's that they can do to become a good sibling. I think this will make the child not to feel left out.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”