Is Corey too Good to be realistic charster

Discuss the March 2015 book of the month, "Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball.
MissJane
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missjane.html

Re: Is Corey too Good to be realistic charster

Post by MissJane »

I think the author was really trying to capture the essence of a carefree, innocent spirit of a young girl. Even so, I do think some conflict would really have made Corey a much more realistic character with more depth...
cgoss74
Favorite Author: Danielle Steel
Currently Reading: Follow You Home
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgoss74.html
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 3250

Post by cgoss74 »

I believe that their are individuals out there who have been sheltered by their parents to the point of not realizing how cruel and dysfunctional the world really is. Unfortunately, if they spend any time in the real world they discover it rather quickly. I knew a young girl who was friends with my daughter who was indeed extremely sheltered.
Latest Review: "A Better Part of Heaven" by Mike Lee
HalcyonFlower
Currently Reading: Hearts In Atlantis
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halcyonflower.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Publishing Contest Votes: 2

Post by HalcyonFlower »

A little late to the party but I just finished reviewing the book for another site. I was waiting for Corey's flaw to show up, as much as I enjoyed reading her, I thought her mother definitely got lucky considering their situation - single parent home, conflict with grandmother, etc. etc. I was glad that Halloween incident with Andi happened because even though Andi apologized, I saw that as a futuristic moment where Corey wouldn't be satisfied being the quiet girl forever, she'll want to be centre of attention as well. While I love the harmonious relationship between mother and daughter, it would've been nice to see her mom struggle a bit more with a naughty Corey, if that makes sense.

Return to “"Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball”