Featured Review: Forever Twelve by Meg Kimball

Discuss the March 2015 book of the month, "Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball.
KellyS24
Currently Reading: Safe At Last
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellys24.html

Re: Featured Review: Forever Twelve by Meg Kimball

Post by KellyS24 »

This is a wonderful review. Even though the age leans more towards young adult, teenage years, I do agree that anyone who reads it can relate to some of the issues in this book and what the characters are feeling during their experiences. Some people, many years later after their adolescence, still struggle to this day with what happened to them and don't know how to cope with it. There is some comfort in knowing that if you can relate to what another person is feeling or going through, that you are not alone. Even though I am a grown, young adult now, this sounds like a book I will enjoy. I can definitely relate to it because most of us, at one point or another, encounter these issues and struggles. And it will be interesting to find out how these girls handle it and cope and such young ages. I'm also curious to read about the support they receive from the adults mentioned in your review. Children need support and guidance and I truly believe it is simply not given as much these days anymore. We have people raising and looking after other peoples children these days, and it's just sad. But reading books like these is like a breath of fresh air. It's refreshing because it's we need more adults these days who are more consistent and supportive, who follow through and are there for you no matter what. More who will step up and be the natural born leaders they were born to be and stick by their children in times like this. I'm all about helping others and being positive in such negative and struggling times so I will definitely give this book a try and add it to my to read list. Thank you so much for suggesting it and well done on your review :D
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

Sounds like an awesome book, the kind of genre I like. Also, thanks for the wonderful review! I'm definitely going to try and read it.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
AuthoressofMystery
Currently Reading: Finding Poe
Bookshelf Size: 342
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authoressofmystery.html
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by AuthoressofMystery »

Great review! It sounds like a good book, no matter what age. But then, I enjoy exploring books with my young son so, maybe it's just me.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.

Edmond Burke
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
littlefrog
Currently Reading: Get on Board Little Children
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlefrog.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by littlefrog »

Nicely written review...I have a lot of tweens in my family at the moment and finding good reading material for them is a challenge. I always try to read the book first so that there are no "surprises". Your review has been a great help. Children today face challenges and peer pressure more than ever before, and unfortunately many do not have good role models to follow, or problem solving skills to get through them. I applaud authors who have taken on this challenge and present it in a way that the reader, as in this case tweens, can relate to. Looking forward to reading Forever Twelve by Meg Kimball.
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

Thank you for the review. It is very thorough.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

Forever Twelve is a very good book to read. I enjoyed the review as well. The two friends Cory and Andi are so different. However they find themselves on common ground in helping others at their school. They are good at helping solving others problems but have trouble finding a solution to their own. The book is for the young and young at heart.
Shakiz amani mbaire
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Rudnick
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 29
fav_author_id: 30509

Post by Shakiz amani mbaire »

The book is so interesting as it talks about what teenage girls go through .I think the book is more fun to be read by any teenager so as to understand the challenges he or she can come about and overcome them.
Ceciltrixiedom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =164903">A Very Secret Affair</a>
Currently Reading: The Language Of Flowers
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Ceciltrixiedom »

This is a great review but personally in novels it is boring if it is not written artistically. In this case, it is boring because of too too many exchanging conversation between two characters.
Regarding the content, it is good. It is always nice to remain young till the end of time. The review entitles the reader to read this interesting book.
Nightwing3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nightwing3.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Nightwing3 »

I really enjoyed The Babysitter's Club when I was that age and even a little after. My daughter doesn't like stories that talk of adolescent struggles just yet. Here's to hoping she will one day since this book sounds like the new version of some of my favorite stories. And it's wonderful and always appreciated that it was so carefully edited.
Chepkemoi95
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chepkemoi95.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chepkemoi95 »

I loved the cover page its catchy and the review is great I'd love to read the book
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

Nice review, and thanks for it. The book is in my bookshelf and should soon look into it!
cristelpalao
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by cristelpalao »

#4 it's sounds good,
Yodik
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yodik »

It shows how to be a good person, being humility and respect to each other to have a great friendship like this two people. They start knowing each other when they are in grade school. Be optimistic and not to be selfish like what the story want Us to learn.
HAINGONIRINA Nadia
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by HAINGONIRINA Nadia »

young adult :?

-- 25 Nov 2017, 06:11 --

it's good for a young girl.
everybody likes to venture back to her/his middle school years
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Middle school is really one of the most difficult periods of time, lol. Sounds like a really relatable book, thanks for the review!

Return to “"Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball”