Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Post by LV2R »

It is good that the author expresses gratitude and optimism, as well as her appreciation and love for nature, art, and music in the form of poetry. I just haven't got to the point of enjoying poetry that much.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I've always found poets to be amazing artists. The depth of feeling that the author conveys is different for each reader, but poems have so many emotions stored in them. I feel that this is what I can see in this collection. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Christian faith, mental illness, nature, and poems? This sounds like the book for me! I am into painting too, and the artists mentioned are ones I truly love. Would check out this book! Thanks for the honest review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

The book holds various poems that narrates the life of the author, she has been through a lot. This has made her find a peace of mind. The author encourage everyone to see things in a new way and to love selflessly. Because if you don't love yourself how will you love others? Looking forward for this book.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Poetry that inspires and encourages others to put work into self-improvement are really good reads. Even though I don't care much for Christian based literature, I would be willing to take a look at the works of this author for positivity purposes.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

It can be hard to find really unique and individual poetry but this one sounds like it accomplishes the fest. Van Gogh and Picasso spending the day together really sparked my interest. I'm glad the author included some realistic themes on dark and evil without making them overshadow the good thoughts. Great review!
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

The cover art is eye-catching and I love the title, it’s perfect for a book of personal poetry. I read a few poems and thought the imagery was beautiful and most of the sample seemed like it could be read as spiritual, not only Christian, which appealed to me. Very intriguing
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
K Geisinger
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-geisinger.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by K Geisinger »

I’m glad that you enjoyed the book, but it doesn’t sound like something that I would be interested in reading. I’m not usually a lover of poetry, and your review mentioned you learn very little about the author but you believe her an excellent model for worship. I like to know more about a person first before modeling myself after them.
"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." (Victor Hugo)
Ddugger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddugger.html
Latest Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Ddugger »

I found the review to be complimentary and thorough, carefully outlining the book in a thoughtful, direct manner.
Music and poetry are not necessarily everyone’s preference, but for me, it delights my soul in ways that prose cannot. This will be a book that I surely will turn to often. Congratulations on an inspirational review for an enlightening read.
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

This book sounds like an enlightening read that can appeal to many people and inspire them. I'll definitely consider adding it to my shelves. Thank you for the review!
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
Frank Fernandez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Frank Fernandez »

The author's use of poems is very effective at taking the reader on a journey of self reflection within the context of spiritual enlightment.
Afranova12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afranova12.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Afranova12 »

That was a pretty comprehensive dissection. It seems that although this book is religious, it hold much of the allegory of love that can be expressed through spirituality and how that can affect one's own personal experience.
Regardless of one's set of beliefs, I am incredibly interested in reading this book strictly for its poetic value. Thank you for the review!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this was an interesting book of poetry. While a poet may and can draw on any number of topics, her spiritual journey and experiences seem to be the most telling. Well Done.
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

Sounds lovely! Although I’m not a fan of religion myself, I love that poetry is a beautiful medium through which to express one’s beliefs. Thanks for the review!
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

Jennifer Toth's one poem, Chating with Jesus Over Tea, was beautiful. I will put her book, Kaleidoscope of Being, on my reading list.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”