Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Re: Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Post by BeautySuzy »

Thanks for the review !
I really love and appreciate these kinds of books in which author shares own experience in spiritual stories so that readers can have certainty of a specific reality, however, poetry books are not my preferences.
Goodluck !
Think outside of the books.
sarahchoryan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sarahchoryan »

These poems are heartfelt and vibrant, and the theme of the author’s walk with God became evident quickly. It begins as a great book of poems, I would love to read more.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I like poems, and I believe every poet has a facet of life to share to the world. I'm glad this one is of no exception, as I equally find rhythm in the sounds of nature and look forward to reading how Toth crafts her nature-appreciation into her work. Thanks for the succinct review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Ernest_king

Post by Ernest_king »

I don't really like poems but this one is extremely good
binghams04
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by binghams04 »

Thanks for the review. I don't usually read much poetry but I really enjoyed reading the sample pages for this book. She has a great imagination and beautiful heart.
awashburn2
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by awashburn2 »

My review is based on a sampling of Jennifer Toth's work "Kalidoscope of Being", in which I found the selection of four poems thoughtful, peaceful, and emotional. I enjoyed that she selected a Kalidoscope as a basis for her emotions, which shows an ever- changing view while also being a remembrance object of childhood. In these poems the author's different perspectives and considerations are displayed. The thoughtful "Chatting with Jesus over Tea" brings a calmness and spiritual peace that never leaves, even when the author is alone to the dark and restless "Dark Night of the Soul", where turmoil and struggle weighs heavy on the author, though she will not give in, even at the end of the poem. I enjoyed the mixture of poems I read and would find myself reading them again, when I feel the need to contemplate and reflect spiritually and emotionally, as each poem brings consideration, and short bursts of contemplation and thought.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Thank you for the inciteful review. I think writing your life journey in poetry is very creative. " The author encourages readers to follow His example and love selflessly. She iterates that without self-love, one cannot love someone else." I would have to agree with following Jesus example. We have nothing and cannot do anything if we dont have love for one another. And I will be the first to agree with you need to love yourself before you can love someone else. Congratulations on BOTD.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I read the sample and found it inspiring. This year is all about self-love so this would be fitting for a quick read.
OliverTwist
Favorite Author: Ginn Hale
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscope of Being
fav_author_id: 36215

Post by OliverTwist »

As a person who isn’t religious, I still enjoyed most of the poems in this sample. The author is exceptional at painting one picture and then allowing it to fade or sometimes just flash to another scene. The first poem is probably my favorite as it tells a story of childhood innocence from the perspective of a wildflower, free and happy and just enjoying the beautiful things the world has to offer, then fades to a more real and dark reality of adulthood and what reads to me as depression. The feeling of being weighted down by the world itself and the stark contrast of the happy innocent world of the author’s childhood to not so innocent was something I can very much relate to.

If I could make a change I would take out some of the exclamation points, they come off as too much for me and it’s jarring when I read. Line breaks and stanzas create the rhythm of a poem, they are unnecessary.

Other than that, the collection of poems was quite enjoyable.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I am definitely going to give this a read. The story of the author's self-improvement and self-realisation will be a great read, especially in the form of poetry. Thanks for the review.
Moddesser Elahi
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. This is a collection of poems based on the author's personal life experience where she faces ups and downs in a wiser manner every time and draws a lot of inspiration from Jesus Christ. As mentioned in the review by Mercy Bolo, this book will attract lovers of poems with inspiration and also a connection to Christianity.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

I do like poetry but only in small doses, so I'm not sure how I'd handle a complete anthology. Still, this sounds like a carefully thought out book and a relaxing read. Well done for your considerate handling of it.
LORDALPHA

Post by LORDALPHA »

This book is quite interesting and I must say it's a must read book. The type of life outlined should be a challenge to be accomplished by a God fearing person though the imagination part is more than me.
Thanks for the review
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth' is like the psalm of life. I like the fact that the reviewer learns to appreciate the beauty of nature and aspire to be one with the Universe from the book. The words of the review add to the glory of the author and the book!
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

Sounds like a great collection of poems. I'm a super fan of poems and I hope I won't be disappointed after reading this. I look forward to reading it. Thanks to the author.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”