Official Review: Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaamg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre

Post by Amandaamg »

I personally enjoy poetry, especially when the author isn't afraid to explore the darker side of emotions. It's relatable, considering most everyone has felt all the confusing ups and downs and in-betweens of love. This review is very thorough and i appreciate the time and consideration you put into understanding the underlying meanings of the poems. I would absolutely be interested in reading more of this collection
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre is a book contains poems about Pierre's beloved. I personally don't like poems. So I think I should skip this one. Congrats on BOTD.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I am very into poems. Therefore, this collection of short poems is a great read and there are many layers under and or to what the poet was saying or feeling at any certain time while writing.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre is a compilation of narrative poems about #Love, #Obsession, #Heartbreak, and #Romance. It follows the author's journey towards finding self-love and acceptance.

I am not much into poetry, but I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the review.

#Poetry  #Anthology #KindleUnlimited
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

It sounds like the author really dives into the many aspects of the overwhelming feeling of "love." Addiction to love and a dependency afflicted the author, revealing the darker side of the mindset. Poetry that has deeper meanings is especially important to set it apart from others. Thanks for the review.
Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Budhal »

Loved the way you gave such detailed desciption of the book. This phrase "the tragic and divine nature of love" kind of sums up the book very well. Love can indeed make you or break you.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Wow..this one really does touch me emotionally..great review and I really do like this book. Reading these poems have taken me back in time and I'm sure they will do the same for you
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

Poetry is a genre I find difficult to read, but am determined to overcome this challenge.
The poet challenges us to reassess our definition of love and the thin line between love and fixation.
The topic seems like one to start with. Thank you for the detailed and informative review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

Sounds like an intense collection of love poems from the women's point of view. But this is not the book for me, since I'm not a fan of collections of poems.
-Bookworming-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by -Bookworming- »

Wow i usually don't continue the books I found confusing at first but seems like you continued it and gived such a detailed review. The book sounds amazing and I really love poetry!! Congratulations on BoTD!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the detailed review. This is really informative. I am purposing to read it and hence it's already among my list of books to be read. The challenge to differentiate between love and fixation is one that needs to be taken seriously.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Cresel Sotello040796
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cresel Sotello040796 »

Too much love which leads into confussion.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Thanks for the review. Looks like this poetry collection makes us reassess our definition of love. P. Pierre portrays how she feels about her partner, love, and what does she want from her lover. I guess reading this book will be fun.
Brandy C
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-c.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Brandy C »

You said the “poet challenges us to reaccess our definition of love” and I think that is spot on! Love is not perfect, but an imperfect emotion that challenges us to delve deeper into our feelings. Often times painted as all smiles and happiness, love is actually dark and heart-wrenching. Your review was very thorough and clear. I'm glad you kept delving into the book and enjoyed it. Poetry fans will love this collection.
”You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view..Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
amafie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amafie.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by amafie »

I love poetry! Beautifully complicated yet so simple in basic meaning. I can't wait to read this! Your thoughts have piqued my curiosity with how precise and literal you have been. Thank you!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”