Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Meenashiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenashiva.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington
2024 Reading Goal: 860
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Post by Meenashiva »

I actually liked the poem as I also have not read first and second part but after this I'll surely read :D :D :. I think the review of poem is well written it's easy to understand poem after the review. Thanks for review
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I only read the sample pages, but I agree that the language used was simple and easy to understand, which I think might appeal to a wider audience than usual.
PurplePanda485
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PurplePanda485 »

Books of poetry (in my opinion) can feel very haphazard. However the ambiguous and detailed poems themselves sound interesting.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I find the first poem, which is the one available for free review, quite charming. It's a sweet analysis of how each journey through life is different depending on one's decisions, and that even if one does not pick the same stops as other might choose, this does not prove the journey to be any less enjoyable.
Racine Lashley
Favorite Book: Dark Lover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayzda1.html
Latest Review: Ark of the Apocalypse by Tobin Marks
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Racine Lashley »

The sample I read Journey's End was so deep. It really resonated with my inner poet and it made me think about life and the people, places, and experiences with encounter along the way. David Edmond's right, life is like a journey and we are on a train just waiting till we meet our stop. I use to write poetry when I was in high school, and this truly took me back to a time when everything seemed so clear and simple. At that time, I thought I had all the answers and I had life figured out. Wow, just reading that evoke such a feeling I hadn't felt in years. Well written, so inspiring, so true, it's like life lessons for dummies or something. Simple and eloquent, I read it out loud more than once. :lol:
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

It sounds like a great collection of poetry but I think am going to pass. Am not a fan of poetry but some would enjoy. Congrats on BOTD. Thanks for your review.
pixiestyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiestyx.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by pixiestyx »

Poetry isn't really my cup of tea even though I used to write it all the time. However, I'm happy to see that this book is thought-provoking and will make people sit down and discuss things like diversity. Great review!
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Many of the new poetry collections seem to be very ill-planned and not too enjoyable. However, in the case of A World Diverse 111, the poet/author has given so much attention to detail that the book definitely deserves a good, appreciative read!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I love reading a straightforward kind of poetry. Another book right up to my alley!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

Thanks for the review. I do not enjoy reading drama and poetry so will pass reading this book.
Miki123
Currently Reading: An Improbable Life
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Miki123 »

Honestly speaking am a literature student ,but doesn't like the works of poetry,i think i have no much thing to write about.the book is good in the line of poetry.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

The line of these poems that the author draws is tangible and magnetic. Poetry has its own beauty which I didn't touch it in depth till now, but I believe this book might help me break the ice. Thank you for your graceful review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
NIRUPAMA JHA
Currently Reading: McCoy before the fued
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nirupama-jha.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by NIRUPAMA JHA »

This review truly justifies the essence of the poem. 'A World Diverse 111' is really a mirror for those who wants to know the reality of the world. author's expression and views are well displayed in a single page of review and truly encourage people to read it. we all are well aware of what is happening around us but only a few have wisdom to look at its gravity. only some look at it's other side and the rest overlook it in the race of life. Reading the sample of this book and it's review by ' David Edmond' i am looking forward to immerse my self in the ocean of intellectual thoughts and look at the reality of life without any fear. I am sure i will question some of my philosophies that i build myself through the years and might some new thoughts replace the old ones. All the thoughts that are concerned with this book( as far as the review displays) surely will bring a good change. i have read the sample of this book but wasn't sure enough of what the whole book would be about but by reading your review i feel i am sure enough to buy a copy of it one day. thank you! sir. :)
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I don't think this book would be for me, as I am not really interested in poetry and I don't feel well-versed enough in the genre to be able to appreciate it fully. I'm glad you enjoyed it though, it sounds like a well organized collection and covers some deep themes that are relevant to the world today.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I like the idea of diversity and multicultulturalism the author wants to highlight, but I wish the poems were more lyrical and complex. However, some may appreciate the straightforward style and clear language. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”