Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annie_Pea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annie-pea.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Re: Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Post by Annie_Pea »

After reading the review, it shows how the book offers something for all readers. With the publication of poems divided up into three sections so that it will show a diversity in the reading. This book is the three installments for this book. Like any literary writings, there is a different perspective from different people reading the same works. The reviewer gives an excellent account of the book.
kath13_sake
Currently Reading: A Wrinkle in Time
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kath13-sake.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by kath13_sake »

Reading poem is really not my thing, I could read a poem or two but a compilation? I easily get bored but don't get me wrong, because sometimes I also write poems when I'm in the mood. Your review clarifies each section of the book for the reader's to easily understand what they were about to read.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I love free verse, which is how the poetry in this book (from what I've seen) is written. I don't mind poetry which is somewhat ambiguous and requires deeper thinking to reach its meaning, but simple, plainly spoken words can be a refreshing change. I was not lucky enough to get a free copy of the book so I don't know that I'll be reading it. Perhaps my library has a copy...
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond' seems to be my own outpouring of heart. The thoughts of the author are liberal and pervasive. The words of the review are beautiful and effective!
Imiebam Hart
Favorite Book: Demon Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-im-hart.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Imiebam Hart »

Though I’m not exactly a fan of poetry, I read some once in a while and with the way you explained the poetry in the book, I think I’ll check it out. Thanks for the review
Kimberly Grow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-grow.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Kimberly Grow »

Thank you for this wonderful review. Also, thank you for not deducting points for not having been written in your favorite style. I love poetry in every form, though I too prefer the more difficult to read poems. The sample poem in this volume is well written and I had something in my eye there at the end. I will be eagerly reading the rest of the book.
"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." -Beverly Cleary :techie-studyingbrown:
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond is non-fiction. It has three parts, and it shares some important talk about people, society, etc. I personally don't like these kind of books. I find these a little serious. Congo on #botd.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

I just started reading poetry so I prefer to start off with something not so complex. So I think this would be a great read for me. Congrats on the BOTD!
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Not my style of choice but I applaud the daring choice of theme. Some things definitely need to be heard and changed about the world we live in. Congrats!
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Congratulations on BOTD. I dont think I have read a book of poems unless I had to for school. But after the review I'm kind of interested in trying this one. "The first section explicitly points out the responsibility people have toward one another and develops the idea that life is largely what you make of it. In the second section, Edmond further delves into the notion that life is finite by addressing the feelings people have after losing someone they love. This part of the book brings to light the emotions behind grief and the notion of what one leaves behind after death. The final section of poems discusses the loss of human interaction in today’s world—largely due to the development of technology—and charges everyone with the task of rebuilding peace and respect among all people." All of these topics i agree with. Especially the lack of human interaction. I literally have to beg my husband to stop scrolling on Facebook. I think i will give this one a try and see what these poems are really about. They say , there is a first time for everything they say.
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

The book really addresses what the world actually looks like today. I appreciate that the poem is written in simple language, I normally shy away from the more ambiguous ones. Congratulations to the book of the day.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

"A World Diverse 111" is a book of poetry by David Edmond about the current state of the society and where the world is headed. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Wokeread
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wokeread.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wokeread »

I rarely read whole books of poetry, though I appreciate the occasional poem. Good that the book addresses issues that are relevant today such as diversity and the effects of technology on relationships. I read a sample of the book and the direct language appeals to me, I don't like complex poems. Thanks for the great review!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for your review! Today' BOTD is for fans of poetry. Touching on various themes throughout, this memorable collection of poems is both thought-provoking and easy to understand. Might be a great choice for book club night! Thank you, again!
Taverasmendez85
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Taverasmendez85 »

My writting my not be all that elaborate, I may not have fancy discriptive words but I will honestly say that I wish I would have gotten a free copy of this book. It speaks to me on a very personal level because I am just beginning my life journey and seeking whatever knowledge possible.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”