Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Re: Official Review: A World Diverse 111 by David Edmond

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks on the nice review of this great and thought-provoking book. I do love simple poetry and I guess I have to include this in my list of books to be read.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Claudiafhlux18
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: The Ordinary Doll
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudiafhlux18.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Claudiafhlux18 »

Positive thoughts for everyone.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I'm not usually interested in reading poetry, but the discussions in the book about a lack of human interaction due to technology and promoting peace and respect sound interesting.
Lia81
Favorite Book: Four Funny Potatoes!
Currently Reading: Mining for Alaskan Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Lia81 »

i have just read the sample and as you mention in your review the language is simple and the metaphors are understandable . From the first chapter, the author uses as metaphor the journey of the train as life's journey .Passangers symbolises humam relationships ,( family ,friends ,collegues etc ) the stops of the journey remind us the break tht we make in order to evaluate things in our life .The difficulties and the joys of our life are also metaphored .The switching lines maybe symbpolizes the decision that we have to take when we meet crossroad . It seems interesing since the subject of the poems have to do with human interaction, isolation and difficulties in communication . It talks about the big social issues that are still existing like immigration , diversity and racism. iam curious to read about the impact of technology to human relationships since i havent met any poem until now to speak about this issue.
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

Thanks for this informative review. I have read a sample of the book. It tallies with this perfect review. Camille must have enjoyed reading the book as the review says it all. I am not a fan of poetic literature and since my young age I never appreciated poets. I think that poets are great thinkers and, with such reviews as this, I am beginning to admire them.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

.....life is largely what you make of it.
Great perspective here. Most of us see life differently. Some see a lot of roads, and some see a lot of food. In the end we have to educate others, learn and build ourselves for the benefit of all. Great review.
Taione1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Taione1 »

I find poetry tiring yo read but with the review I read above,I think its gonna be worth reading this poetry...
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I'm really into poetry. I don't really care if it's too hard to comprehend or what. I just appreciate it the same. Im looking forward to read this. Thanks for reviewing this!
Holluwatosin18
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Holluwatosin18 »

Am glad the author wrote this, I don't really care if it's to comprehend or what. Positive though for everyone. Great.
Holluwatosin18

Post by Holluwatosin18 »

Thank you for your well written review. It's, therefore, amazing for an author to be able to come up with several volumes of poems for a portfolio. I also agree with you that anything with an undeniable work quality shouldn't be readily set aside and trampled on.
Anijack86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Anijack86 »

This poems express heartfelt ideas about the importance of overlooking racial, religious and social differences in order to come together and build a stronger and kinder world. His style of writing is simple and direct, and his critique of the issues that plague society are founded on first-hand knowledge and experience. His poems unabashedly broach the topics of diversity, loss and community and discuss the idea that human interaction has greatly changed in recent years. No doubt you'll find yourself reflecting on and discussing the important subjects raised in this volume of poetry.
M_gichuru
Currently Reading: There and Back There Again
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by M_gichuru »

Am not really a poetry fun but from the reviews,i will give it a chance and who knows? maybe the author could change my way of thinking.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I am currently reading one of Edmond's other books of poetry, and I know exactly what you mean by feeling a certain complexity missing, but I also have to appreciate his simplistic sincerity of tone. Maybe they read like inspirational Hallmark cards rather than alluring poetic prose. Crowd pleasers regardless though, comprehensible by many. Great review!
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

Excellent review! You mentioned both the book's summary and your opinion on the book. Your review made me interested in reading the book!
yvayner

Post by yvayner »

These are super heavy topics to parse in one collection so I'm glad the collection was well organized and easy-to-read, making these topics accessible to a larger audience.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”