Review of My Love Letter to You

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of My Love Letter to You

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Love Letter to You" by Taylah Cochran.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Love Letter to You is a collection of poems written by Taylah Cochran about the author's love for their significant other. This book is the author's love letter to the person she loves and the story of their love. The author is expressing genuine affection throughout the poems, and this feeling permeates each page. If you enjoy reading poems that are centered on love, I strongly recommend picking up this book.

When describing the woman she loves, the author spares no detail and goes above and beyond. The metaphors that are used in this book are very original, and each one has its own special way of describing the woman who is the focus of the poem. The poem was written in a straightforward fashion, making it easy for anyone to comprehend its meaning. The majority of the poem is devoted to elaborating on their relationship and describing the woman she adores.

I liked how she described the woman's freckles and how she used beautiful comparisons that made it easy for me to picture what those freckles might look like. Additionally, I appreciated how she highlighted the woman's beauty by using light, color, the sun, and the night sky. The manner in which she would gather each star for the woman she loved, as well as what she would say afterward, was a very romantic and one-of-a-kind gesture.

The fact that there were no headings was a little bit confusing, but I understand that poems have their own set of guidelines to follow. When the author ended their sentence with "Thank you," I was confused. I attempted to go back and look at it to see if it had anything to do with the poem or if perhaps she had thanked the woman for making her feel this way. When each page only contained a single sentence, it gave the impression that the flow of the poem was being disrupted. I understand that poems have their own set of guidelines to follow, and all of this is probably normal.

This book receives the maximum possible rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me, despite the fact that some aspects of it didn't sit well with me. I am a hopeless romantic, so love-themed poetry has always held a special place in my heart. My impression is that the book has been edited by professionals and that it is straightforward to read. In addition, I thought the book's title and cover were appealing.

I would recommend this book to people who are hopeless romantics and who love poems that don't have an excessive amount of meaning that makes them difficult to understand.

My Love Letter to You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

It’s so sweet to dedicate poetry to a loved one. There’s no deeper expression. Thanks for a great review!
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

I actually love poetry and poems and reading your review I think I found what I was looking for. It's actually so fascinating to write a book about your loved ones. Your review is also great. Thank You
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

It is so adorable knowing someone makes a book for her significant other, especially about their love. I think it is full of unconditional love the author shared. I'd like to be inspired by their love story. Thank you for sharing your awesome review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

I like poetry and I'm going to add this book to my list. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”