Review of Deprived Expression Vibes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of Deprived Expression Vibes

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deprived Expression Vibes" by Jasmine Turner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Deprived Expression Vibes, written by Jasmine Turner, is a book comprised of a series of poems. Each poem describes different instances that people often experience in their day-to-day life. The mood of the poems also ranges from joyful to sad, with many others in between. This is a short book comprised of a total of 26 poems that each describe a different feeling and scenario.

I liked that the poems were written in a musical way. The author's unique writing style made it seem as if I was singing a song rather than reading a poem. There were also many rhymes incorporated into the poetry that made the poems so much fun to read. English is often referred to as a rhyme-poor language, but this poetry book didn't have a problem with that.

I also liked that this book could be read over the course of a few days or in one sitting. The poems were written clearly and very easy to understand, so I could read the whole book in one day and still be able to understand the concept of the poetry. The modern writing style was also very fun to read and helped me understand the message of the poems better. There were also a few poems that had little heart symbols incorporated into the writing. The little characters may have been a minor detail compared to the rest of the book, but they were very cute and fit into the poems very well.

Another aspect that I enjoyed as I read this book was that each poem told a specific story with a unique vibe, but when I reread the poems back to back, I realized that they were also telling a story together. Instead of all the writing being unrelated, the poems were connected and created a beautiful and inspirational story.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I was hooked from beginning to end and will definitely be rereading this poetry book. The writing was modern and easy to follow, and this book was exceptionally well edited, as I found no grammatical errors.

Due to the reasons listed above, I rate Deprived Expression Vibes 5 out of 5 stars. This was a very insightful and inspirational read. I recommend this book to mature audiences who are going through a tough time and need motivation. These poems would also make for excellent reading material for anyone who is interested in artistic writing styles.

Deprived Expression Vibes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”