Review of One of Them

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of One of Them

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One of Them" by George Cutler.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One of Them is a collection of poetry written by George Cutler. It is broken up into eleven sections and includes topics like nature, memories, and life to name a few. The author compiles an exceptional variety of poems that express feelings, perceptions, and experiences he has had in his life. There is a poem for everyone to find enjoyable.

George Cutler's writing is meaningful and eloquent. The poems are descriptive and provide the reader with an image of what the author is trying to explain. The book is a powerful collection of poetry based on George's life. The topics are of a wide range and let the reader explore many possibilities of the meanings behind the poems.

Those who enjoy reading poetry will like this book. I feel the content would be relatable to older youth and adults. Those who aren't into poetry might want to skip reading it. Younger youth may have a harder time understanding all of the content but might find some of the poems interesting too.

I found One of the Them to be an intriguing collection of poetry. The author's writing style is unique. The poems kept my attention and I found some of them to be relatable. I would also find myself thinking more about the words. In his last poem, the author says about how fears project outcomes. I found this to be very accurate as I am a firm believer in the law of attraction. It made it one of my favorite poems in the book. I also enjoyed how the book was broken down into eleven different sections. The author organized it in such a way it makes it easy for the reader to understand the thought process of the poems in each category. I liked the format of the poem called "Falling." The words tumble down the page, making it look like the poem was falling. It was a different way to write the poem and went with the title accurately. I found the section called "Spiritual" to have fascinating poems. The poem, "The Eternal Light Above," ends on a positive note of how our purpose is revealed. I liked the inspiration in it. Overall, there was nothing to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars. It appears to be exceptionally well-edited and contains no errors. It contains a variety of poems with interesting themes. The author does an excellent job expressing his thoughts in his poetry. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy poetry and would read others by this author.

One of Them
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

George cutler's writing is meaningful and eloquent. The poems are descriptive and provide the reader with an image of what the author is trying to explain. Great review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”