Review of Blown out of Orbit

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of Blown out of Orbit

Post by Jerry Anozie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blown out of Orbit" by Kristin Keskey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poems always have this way of creating this feeling of a different reality. When I first had to read a poem, I realized that hating poems for so long had been a big mistake. That poem changed a lot about me and changed the way I see things. It communicates one's emotions in an appealing and amazing format. It expresses a feeling that one can't express. Poems hit differently. This book is another eye-catching poem and also has a live drawing that appeals to the emotions of the readers.

Blown out of Orbit by Kristin Keskey is an amazing collection of poems. It is a 107-page book. There are a lot of amazing poems that paint a different picture of humans' perceptions of things. The poem that caught me so much was captured. It was very easy for me to understand this one because I have been in such a situation. A true friend is known in a time of trial. We seem to have a lot of friends, but when the time calls for a friend to act, we look around and see that we are all alone. This part got me so emotional. This is an amazing poem, and lots more have been written by the author. Grab a copy to read more.

I just realized how powerful words can be. Words can communicate what the mouth can't. This poem left me speechless. The way the author was able to style her words to create such a beautiful rhyme was something I couldn't imagine. There was no point in pausing while reading; I was so into the book that I couldn't take a break. The figures of speech were also something I so much enjoyed. This book requires a reasonable level of concentration to grasp the author's message, which is the basic idea of this book. I love the diagram; it was so real and made the book setting look so different. I enjoyed how the author kept her writing simple from start to finish.

I had a few reservations concerning how tiny the words were, but there was still enough space that could accommodate larger writings. I also did not enjoy how there was an overuse of space in this book. Finally, the poems weren't numbered, and thus it was difficult to locate a particular poem of interest. These were the only shortcomings of this book.

Due to the dislike, I will deduct one star and rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. In addition, this book was error-free and well-edited. Except for the dislike, this book deserves a full rating. I strongly recommend this book to lovers of poems and drawings.

Blown out of Orbit
View: on Bookshelves
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

There are poems you read and they have a soothing effect on you because they reflect your reality. Seems like the author did a great job in putting together well-thought poems. I enjoyed reading your review.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

One of the school of thought I've always been an ardent subscriber to, is the notion that poems leave a soothing feel on the human mind. Nonetheless, I'm not a huge fan of poems, I prefer someone reading it to me, not the other way round.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I'm not a fan of poem because at times it proves difficult the depict it's true meaning. I believe the author did a good job in the book owing to your review. Nice review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I agree with you, true friends are hard to come by, friends that will turn up for you when things get tough are rare, and when we have those, we need to hold them close. Great review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I'm not really a fan of poems myself because of the literary device usage. However, the title of this poem and the presence of illustrations makes me reason otherwise. Interesting review.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

I'm not really a fan of poems. But from your review the poem seems like an ntereting one. I'm looking forward to reading this book soon. Great review.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I enjoyed your review even though I do not like poems. This one is a good one to be sincere. Keep it up and coming.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I have come to enjoy reading poems because I feel they have a deeper understanding to things. Groom your review I can tell that the author did a good job.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I’m also not a huge fan of poems. I actually haven’t read any. I’ll love to read this if I see it around. Your review is well written. Well done!
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Quite a beautiful and personal review. Just like you, i had misjudged poems for so long. This poem collection seems like an interesting and emotional read. I hope i connect to it just as much as you did.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I'm not a fan of poems. This is probably because I find it difficult to get one that captures my interest. But this sounds exceptional. I'd especially like to read the poem, Captured. Great review.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

I just realized how powerful words can be. Words can communicate when the mouth can't. This poem left me speechless. Great work.
Chinex2_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chinex2_ »

This poem contain emotion along side with analysis
A good poem can use image and and nature and also ambiguous words that has no meaning just to express it's feelings.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I enjoyed reading this review. The summary was interesting and the positive aspects were properly outlined. I can't wait to start reading this book.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”